• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone collect D&D original art...if so..Show 'em Here!!!

15 posts in this topic

I actually enjoyed both Otus' and Sutherland's work. Yes, I may be a minority, but their unique styles did have an attraction for my youthful roleplaying mind. grin.gif

I contacted Erol a while back for a commission...he told me that he would only do a commission if he likes my concept. I never got a response after I emailed him my concept...I guess I was just not creative enogh with my idea. confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif At the very least he could have responded.... 893censored-thumb.gif

Ahhhh....to own the Elric illlustration by Jeff Dee! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I like the Willingham illustration of the female agent in the second Top Secret module. Or maybe it's the third.

I think the Otus illo I'd want might be the cover to Dragon 55, if my memory serves.

I bet there are lots of little b+w illos in the original hardbacks that would have a strong effect on me, no matter how crudely done they really are. Something like the Orc pic from the Monster Manual would be pretty cool.

Marc

I agree, with those little B&W Illos from Deities and Demigods, or Monster Manual there is a strong nostalgic pull. The same with Erol Otus artwork. It might not be something everyone enjoys, but I still remember being 9-10 years old (in the infancy of my geekdom) and going with my mom to the game shop to pick up a new game module and seeing all those Otus covers.....".....I'll go with Tomb of Horrors, no maybe Vault of the Drow"

Ahh the memories...

Chris