• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever find yourself doing this??

19 posts in this topic

I am reading up on grading from Overstreet and trying to grade some books I have and I can't stop grading stuff I pick up. I picked up a old computer manual at work and I actually looked it over for corner defects and made a mental note of the page color!! I know that thinking I am crazy makes me not crazy but I must be really, really close!!

I grade this thread a 9.4. Its almost perfect, sharp corners, no creases, but there seems to be a smudge of french fry grease along the top. I think maybe that bum in the next office was in here touching my screen again.

I also hate that I graded some modern books a few years ago so poorly. I fell into the e-bay trap of calling most books 9.0-9.2 even though the books had some pretty severe spine roll and dinks here or there. No one complained but I know I over-estimated some books. So if you bought some of those books - sorry about that!! Knowledge is power!!

I grade women walking down the street using the 10.0 scale. Any additional enhancements would still get the high grades, but she'd definitely be relegated to a PLOD. tongue.gif

Just kidding................... flowerred.gif

I grade this thread a 9.4. Its almost perfect, sharp corners, no creases, but there seems to be a smudge of french fry grease along the top. I think maybe that bum in the next office was in here touching my screen again.

I looked over your comment and will have to grade it a Restored 9.0 VF/NM. It appears that your comments have been trimmed. And I won't even talk about your obvious pressing since that is not restoration!!

I don't grade anything I pick up, but since I'm a technical writer/editor, I tend to notice errors in spelling, grammar, usage, etc. in just about everything I read. Once you've trained yourself to look at things a certain way, you tend to do it automatically. It's natural.

I don't grade anything I pick up, but since I'm a technical writer/editor, I tend to notice errors in spelling, grammar, usage, etc. in just about everything I read. Once you've trained yourself to look at things a certain way, you tend to do it automatically. It's natural.

Now that's something I do to....two....(too insane.gif). 27_laughing.gif

I grade women walking down the street using the 10.0 scale. Any additional enhancements would still get the high grades, but she'd definitely be relegated to a PLOD. tongue.gif

Great minds think alike and all that 893applaud-thumb.gif

Funny thing is that the "RESTORED" ones tends to have significantly more value in this field than in comics, a 30-40 year old item actually increases in value with some slight or even extensive restoration to cover some of the age related flaws....... 27_laughing.gif

Also, apparent grades are much more common here and moderns tend to go for a premium...

I apologise in advance for insulting women & people older than myself.... but couldnt resist..... makepoint.gif