• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Master 35, Crowley copy

11 posts in this topic

Perfect uncirculated copy, with just a little scratch on the spine wink.gif Cover is solidly attached. When I tried to give it an unqualified grade, my head kept picturing that 2.5 CGC Action #1 with the masthead torn off, which is clearly ridiculous, but there it is.

master35.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Grades will really be all over the place on this one. I'll throw out a guess of 3.5, but it really is a guess. Don't know if CGC would agree, but I would tend to lower the technical grade a bit more b/c the missing piece affects the spine, as opposed to an edge piece.

FWIW, I saw the book in person and except for that flaw it is a stunner. Very sharp and glossy.

I agree with 2.5/3.0 - though the rest of the book is pretty nice, the eye just goes to the missing piece. Really the sort of book that should be judged from a scan and description rather than a simple grade.

I would agree with 2.5, but I could see 3.0. That piece is just too large for me to go above G/VG, though I could see why others would. Honestly, it really is impossible to truly nail down a grade on that one.