• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK MOVIE IS A+

171 posts in this topic

Nope, it was recently revealed in a recent Hulk comic. Hulk 50 "Dark Mind, Dark Hearts Banner is shopping for "hulk" pants. Sees a black pair, and asks for a second - in purple? Then, in Hulk 53 Banner is standing on the cover wearing oversize pants in purple (obviously he was able to find a pair). Covers a fake (as many are) because we see him inside actually wearing the black pair ( so they didn't have a pair in purple after all) as Banner, because he just knows what's going to happen next.

I guess going on to meet the Abomination does that to Banner.

These 2 issues are destined to become instant collector classics as "the secret revealed".

Now I have not as yet seen the movie, but as we all know - most movies are based on the comic book character. That's my first excuse. Secondly, it's obvious this was revealed after the movie was made. grin.gif

I really really liked it. cloud9.gif

So what did you guys like most in the movie? I liked how he dismantled those tanks and used the turrets to smash the other ones. The CGI was AWESOME there!!!

I could barely figure out what was happening just before the gamma bomb hit he and his father... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

The only drawback to the Hulk is he's too powerful. Who can he match up against in the sequel??? confused.gif I haven't read 98% of the comics; who's his best foe to match up with there?

neither can gman!

i very much doubt i will be seeing it.....will wait for the dvd....

if anyone has seen the car ad that has the 2 guys pull up to the truck hauling an old sports car and the weirdo that leans out the window and asks "that thing got a hemi?" THAT IS KEVIN!!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The only drawback to the Hulk is he's too powerful. Who can he match up against in the sequel??? confused.gif I haven't read 98% of the comics; who's his best foe to match up with there?

Has to be the Abomination... cool.gif

I haven't seen the Hulk flick yet, but how was the CGI overall?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Hulk/Wendigo old school turned new school clash.

I just got out of the 11:45 pm Hulk Movie and must say I truly loved it. For the first attempt at telling the story of the Hulk on the big screen it got a A+. They dug deep into Banner's Life and it was definately more story than the usual summer blockbuster audience looks for but I as a fan of the Hulk I truly enjoyed Ang Lee's direction on the movie for its first attempt to the big screen.

Now for some afterthought, don't read if you have not seen the movie yet go enjoy it, grin.gif the movie could of been lightened up a little. Next time the director, not sure if its Ang Lee yet for the sequel, needs to insert some cool jokes and little tidbits to lighten the mood. I read one critics review that said this is Ang Lee's Hulk Opera Tradegy. I did sense the audiences perception of the movie while I watched it and they also believed that the movie took itself just a tad to seriously. Scenes that we all laughed at in the movie were not supposed to be laughed at because many felt the director was to over the top serious in a scene that should of been a little lighter. I mean after Eric Bana's [!@#%^&^] Shot, 893offtopic1.gif We all Know Greggy was drooling at this point, 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif the scene got way to dark and serious for people who laughed and then realized oh it kinda got deep again 893whatthe.gif and it was not as fun as it should of been ie more of What are Bruce's, Betty's, General Ross and Bruce's Father's issues and less Hulk Smash. I however cannot wait for the sequel which is being scripted right now and to answer the below here is

Who can he match up against in the sequel??? confused.gif I haven't read 98% of the comics; who's his best foe to match up with there?

The Abomination and The Leader are the villains in Hulk 2 absolutely gonna be a hell of a Slugfest.....

Hulk 2 News Link

So in Conclusion I say Critics Suck and though Hulk is dark and somewhat tiring to many non-comic fans who just wanted to see 2 hrs and 15 mins of Hulk Smash . I loved it...... cloud9.gif

Has to be the Abomination... cool.gif

I haven't seen the Hulk flick yet, but how was the CGI overall?

Absolutely stunning in some sequences, passable in others. When he was fighting the Army in the desert and walking around smashing stuff in a town, he looked absolutely awesome. When they showed him changing to the Hulk and back to Banner later in the film, there was some roughness and unrealistic movement, but both sequences were far more impressive than rough. I loved it when he was jumping across country in huuuuuge bounds--nicely done!!

If you compare this to the other films which have depicted CGI humans or humanoids, it was outstanding. The motion was more ambitious and impressive than what they did in Final Fantasy (understandable since that film was 100% CGI), and it made that sequence with the Rock as Scorpion King at the end of "The Mummy 2" look sick.

I was extremely skeptical about a CGI Hulk when I first heard about it about a year or so ago--humanoid CGI has a long way to go to duplicate the subtleties of human motion that we all become used to after the decades we spend observing it--but they exceeded my expectations. Nothing was laughably bad unless you're a hardcore CGI critic. Lotta room for improvement, but nobody's ever seen anything like this on film before, and because of that, it kicked major major arse!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif This was the Hulk from the comics--THE MOST POWERFUL ONE THERE IS!!! The sense of insane power they exhibited with the CGI was extremely impressive...I was cringing when he got ahold of a human. Even though they built it up to where you WANTED to see one of the characters get his arse beat, once you see the Hulk's size and power, it's hard not to feel sorry for ANY human standing in his way. It's like seeing a little hyperactive kid with a rag doll; you know the doll's gonna take a major beating. smile.gif

I don't go back to see many superhero films--prefer to wait for DVD so I don't wear out the film in my mind--but I might go back to see this one. It took a while to get to the "Hulk Smash!" sequences, but once they came around, it was heartstopping!

I knew he had survived the blast at the end,he was still the Hulk when it hit.Nothing can pirece his skin,it was funny when he caught that missle then bit the end off,then threw it back at the chopper...lol. That was a big slap in the face...lol

I knew he had survived the blast at the end,he was still the Hulk when it hit.Nothing can pirece his skin,it was funny when he caught that missle then bit the end off,then threw it back at the chopper...lol. That was a big slap in the face...lol

Yea, that rocked!!!

In trying to think of people who would have any chance against the Hulk, Wolverine came to mind. Bryan Singer's Wolverine would have absolutely no chance against Ang Lee's Hulk. It'd be over in seconds. frown.gif

Yea, that rocked!!!

In trying to think of people who would have any chance against the Hulk, Wolverine came to mind. Bryan Singer's Wolverine would have absolutely no chance against Ang Lee's Hulk. It'd be over in seconds. frown.gif

Of course it would,Wolerine would be done in a second,plus Hulk can heal himself like wolverine can,Wolvie wouldn't die in the match but he would get a beaten of his life! What was cool too was when the Hulk is on the Jet and they take him up almost into orbit...lol I'm like,the Hulk can take it! the piolt can't.

My Favorite scene is when hulk gets rocked in the chest through the top of the tank turret by a tank shell then proceeds to use whats left of the turrent he was holding to bash the hell out of the tank that fired the shell. HE got some serious revenge on that one.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sorry to ruin the party boys, but this movie kinda stunk. frown.gif

SPOILER WARNING

Just saw it and well, I thought the best part was the cameo by Lou and Stan. The first hour just dragged, the fight scene with Hulk and the gamma dogs was beyond stupid and ridiculous, and the end where he fights his "Absorbing Man" daddy is also just way over the top . . .

Maybe it is because my all time favorite Hulk is the Peter David / Dale Keown Hulk who was smart and strong, but all in all I did expect more.

While the movie did give ample (I would say too much) background into the Hulk's life, this movie reminded me of the late 200 hulks where he just ran around and smashed things and then went someplace else to smash things always a step ahead of "puny banner". It calls to mind the quote of Peter David where he said before he took over the scriptin there were no letters (or something to that effect).

The CGI was for the most part pretty good, but the Hulk did look a little bit goofy at times although some scenes were pretty cool - most notably the tank / army scenes.

I think X2 is shaping out to be the movie of the summer . . . much better than Hulk and better than the Matrix Reloaded.

DAM

Sorry to ruin the party boys, but this movie kinda stunk. frown.gif

SPOILER WARNING

Just saw it and well, I thought the best part was the cameo by Lou and Stan. The first hour just dragged, the fight scene with Hulk and the gamma dogs was beyond stupid and ridiculous, and the end where he fights his "Absorbing Man" daddy is also just way over the top . . .

Maybe it is because my all time favorite Hulk is the Peter David / Dale Keown Hulk who was smart and strong, but all in all I did expect more.

While the movie did give ample (I would say too much) background into the Hulk's life, this movie reminded me of the late 200 hulks where he just ran around and smashed things and then went someplace else to smash things always a step ahead of "puny banner". It calls to mind the quote of Peter David where he said before he took over the scriptin there were no letters (or something to that effect).

The CGI was for the most part pretty good, but the Hulk did look a little bit goofy at times although some scenes were pretty cool - most notably the tank / army scenes.

I think X2 is shaping out to be the movie of the summer . . . much better than Hulk and better than the Matrix Reloaded.

DAM

Well, I guess a "thinking man's comic book movie" does have a rather specific target audience...

shocked.gifwink.gif

Seriously, I liked it a lot. I would have HATED it if it were "smart Hulk" and there was NO internal conflict and just some super-villain waiting for a "climactic" battle at the end. I actually liked the fact that Hulk was not the main protagonist of the movie. It was a refreshing change to have a comic book movie that didn't entirely rely on special effect sequences to carry the plot.

But that's just me... 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Well I just saw the movie of THE HULK and I enjoyed it.It played out so it was not too serious or to silly for most viewers to follow.The CGI of the Hulk was done very well.I think the best part of this movie is it leave you thinking about many thinks ie: inner demons and the struggle to control them,I would rate this film 3 1/2 out of 5. This one well be part of my DVD library...

cloud9.gif

Hey, you are not spoiling the party...everyone on these forums is entitled to their opinion. And it is not like you are alone in your dislike of this film.

I am already on the record as having enjoyed the film, but it is always interesting to read why someone did not care for a movie.