• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK MOVIE IS A+

171 posts in this topic

MK - great post, I hate it when people just say "I liked it" and don't make refernce to what it is that they liked.

Well done,

DAM

I just think it's a very important film... not in any social way, but damn, I really, REALLY want more comic book movies!

grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifgrin.gif

I just think it's a very important film... not in any social way, but damn, I really, REALLY want more comic book movies!

MK,

I'm with you on that!! I'll see the Punisher when it comes out next summer,That'll make a 100 million then disappear like Daredevil.Blade 3 is what i wanna see,As well as Spider-man 2,of course I'd rather see Hulk 2 than any of them.Can't wait for the Hulk DVD 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have to agree that Ang Lee is a far better director than Tim Burton. It's not even a valid comparison to pit his work against Burton's. Ang Lee _IS_ the big leagues.

Ang Lee's work spans serious drama such as:

Ice Storm

Sense and sensibility

Ride with the Devil

Crouching tiger, hidden dragon

His asian films are great too..eat drink man woman and the Wedding Banquet.

Sense and sensibility and CTHD both had multiple academy awards and nominations attached. While Ice storm was nominated by Cannes and a bunch of foreign film awards.

It's really odd that hollywood asked him to do the Hulk. Even Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon wasn't really a popcorn "kung fu" action film. I think that point was lost with many Hollywood producers.

Ang Lee is all about serious drama and I can see that the direction he tried to take Hulk had a lot to do with his directing style. Unfortunately it's hard to be completely serious about a comic book character and market it to a bunch of people who just want to see a couple hours of "Hulk Smash."

The movie was good. They actually gave "life" to the Hulk by establishing some sort of background. Also digged the scenes where they had multiple screen shots going at one time (looked like a comic book wink.gif ) Only thing I wanted was more of Hulk Smash!!!!!! & shots of Jennifer in a thong.

The movie was good. They actually gave "life" to the Hulk by establishing some sort of background. Also digged the scenes where they had multiple screen shots going at one time (looked like a comic book wink.gif ) Only thing I wanted was more of Hulk Smash!!!!!! & shots of Jennifer in a thong.

Ditto.... smirk.gif

Rick,

go watch the "hot spot" or Requim of a dream" she gets naked

Rick,

go watch the "hot spot" or Requim of a dream" she gets naked

Perv tongue.gif Hmm maybe i'll have to check it out sometime 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just read $62.6 million. Not bad, considering the Hulk has a smaller built-in fan base than either X-Men or Spidey, but still well short of X2's opening weekend. Still, the lowest grossing opening weekend for any of the recent Marvel movies was just over $40 million for Daredevil. Those are the type of numbers that will keep getting comic book movies made.

Not bad, considering the Hulk has a smaller built-in fan base than either X-Men or Spidey, but still well short of X2's opening weekend.

Are you sure about this? I think you are under-estimating the popularity of the 70's Hulk TV series. My bet is that most people out there are more aware of who the Hulk is than the X-Men.

Teenagers remember the X-men from the Sat. morning cartoon. Adults recall the Lou Ferrigno Hulk as a point of reference. Hulk is storming the box office now b/c no other major release is opening against it. Make way for Charlie's Angels 2 next week. sumo.gif

Hulk will probably make a easy 200 million in profit after everything is said and done. With a already a cool 63 million, 7 million less than I estimated frown.gif, was estimated this weekend in ticket sales. I know it will be part of my DVD library and others as well so it has a lot of profitability left in it. The sequel will be the one to bring Hulk Home like Spiderman 2 will probably break another record if Doctor Octopus is a cool as they are hyping him to be already. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All in all, not a bad flick...I'd give it a respectable 3 out of 5 stars. Better than "Daredevil" but not even close to as good as "X2" or "Spider-Man". It was certainly not as good as the first "Batman" either, in my book.

Exactly my opinion also. It did kind of drag in some spots, but still a good movie.

Not bad, considering the Hulk has a smaller built-in fan base than either X-Men or Spidey, but still well short of X2's opening weekend.

Are you sure about this? I think you are under-estimating the popularity of the 70's Hulk TV series. My bet is that most people out there are more aware of who the Hulk is than the X-Men.

Man, I think you're OVER-estimating the popularity of the 70s series! If anything, that could have HURT the Hulk's appeal to people who remember that garbage! wink.gif