• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicdey's Pre-Code Horror Sale....

125 posts in this topic

I think it will press out.....where's Matt Nelson when you need him?

I already emailed him. He said he could do it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please post an after shot when it's done! I would like to see how the back comes out also! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please post an after shot when it's done! I would like to see how the back comes out also! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I will. I actually think the book may have been manufactured that way. The bottom and top edges are flush with the rest of the book, which would not have happened if the back cover was twisted by stacking damage or a spine roll. When the cover is realigned I expect the back top edge to be peeking over the top of the book. If pressing doesn't work I will bend that sucker back by hand! sumo.gif

I will. I actually think the book may have been manufactured that way. The bottom and top edges are flush with the rest of the book, which would not have happened if the back cover was twisted by stacking damage or a spine roll. When the cover is realigned I expect the back top edge to be peeking over the top of the book. If pressing doesn't work I will bend that sucker back by hand! sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif You'll probably have to separate the siamese twins too! poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif You'll probably have to separate the siamese twins too! poke2.gif

Yes, this book needs several radical procedures and operations. juggle.gif

How about I just take the exacto knife to it right now.....you've already paid....and it is a horror book. devil.gif

How about I just take the exacto knife to it right now.....you've already paid....and it is a horror book. devil.gif

Here, just separate the pages, realign the spine, take the resulting top overhang off with the knife and reattach the surplus to the bottom edge. Should take but a moment. tongue.gif

Here, just separate the pages, realign the spine, take the resulting top overhang off with the knife and reattach the surplus to the bottom edge. Should take but a moment. tongue.gif

And don't forget to ask for $150 more! grin.gif

By the way Collin, I am joking. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

By the way Collin, I am joking. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

Sorry man....already done sorry.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Thing #6 Unread copy with one siamese page at the top that's still uncut...

I wish I'd remembered this copy during the pressing experiment....

Could be pressed from the VG ish condition now to a F/VF or so.

OSPG $102 (My price $75) A F/VF copy is worth around $225 so it's probabaly worth the money to press it. 1405543-ComicScan0069.JPG1405543-ComicScan0071.JPG

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Holy Cra.p....... Im scared to look at it again!!!

Thing #6 Unread copy with one siamese page at the top that's still uncut...

I wish I'd remembered this copy during the pressing experiment....

Could be pressed from the VG ish condition now to a F/VF or so.

OSPG $102 (My price $75) A F/VF copy is worth around $225 so it's probabaly worth the money to press it. 1405543-ComicScan0069.JPG1405543-ComicScan0071.JPG

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Holy Cra.p....... Im scared to look at it again!!!

Actually this book has GREAT eye appeal imho! thumbsup2.gif

Once it's pressed, you'll be surprised how great it will look...

I'm betting F/VF looking....the cover has no creases so the only creasing will be along the back where it was re-folded.... It probably won't even be that noticeable on the back as the spine isn't crushed/creased, so it might just press right out. ??

Just my 2 cents.....I think October knows exactly what he's doing.

I would have done it myself.......and probabaly should have.

Once it's pressed, you'll be surprised how great it will look...

I'm betting F/VF looking....the cover has no creases so the only creasing will be along the back where it was re-folded.... It probably won't even be that noticeable on the back as the spine isn't crushed/creased, so it might just press right out. ??

Just my 2 cents.....I think October knows exactly what he's doing.

I would have done it myself.......and probabaly should have.

I fully agree.

Was just poke2.gif Mr. October a little is all. flowerred.gif

Can't wait to see the results! thumbsup2.gif

Thing #9

OSPG $60 (My Price $45)....

Beyond #18

OSPG $32 (My price $25)

Chamber of Chills #7

OPG $41 My price is $30 It was sold by Metropolis back in 200 for $39.

takeit.gif I collect SOTI/POP books as well when they come along at a great price

Thank you kind sir....they are yours to be paid for..... hail.gif

Excellent! 3 more books to knock off my list only 1 Billion more to go!
893whatthe.gif

Ok...

Book Remaining

Worlds of Fear #4 OSPG 107 ($75)

Adv. Into the Unknown 20 OSPG 43 ($30)

Adv. Into the Unknown 25 OSPG 31 ($20)

Hot Rods 8, flaming death cover OSPG 22 ($16)

Blue Bolt 118 OSPG 59 ($40)

Thing 3 OSPG 168 ($135)

Next step is back in my collection or off to Feebay.

Thanks for helping me pay for my Zoot 15 CGC 8.5...(just under $300) Didn't have to sell to get it, but it actually feels good to move a few books around. cloud9.gif