• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should CGC employees eat with collectors

92 posts in this topic

Brad (Redhook) had a great comment in the other thread regarding this topic:

As I recall, whenever CGC has picked up the tab or contributed to any of the forum dinners, it's been for everyone, big collectors, little collectors and total non-customers.

The forum dinners are not closed events. No one is excluded if they want to come. No favoritism has ever been shown.

CGC has never (in my experience) shown favoritism to any level of customer or collector over another at these events. They've been a hoot. And you can still have differences with them over policy etc and still be welcome at them. I think that's healthy.

As I recall, whenever CGC has picked up the tab or contributed to any of the forum dinners, it's been for everyone, big collectors, little collectors and total non-customers.

The forum dinners are not closed events. No one is excluded if they want to come. No favoritism has ever been shown.

Again, that's wonderful, truly. I understand the sense of community, comraderie, ect...and I believe "most" of what goes on at these forum dinners is completely innocent in nature.

BUT...the perception it gives regardless, can, and will, be questioned...by some, or many. (most in private most likely) I don't care if i'm polular or not.

Sorry, I realize my position won't be glorified either, but I have true passion for what's happening to the hobby of my youth, and it bothers me. confused-smiley-013.gif So i'll go it alone if I must, because I believe so sincerely in my thoughts on this subject 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sorry, I realize my position won't be glorified either, but I have true passion for what's happening to the hobby of my youth, and it bothers me. confused-smiley-013.gif So i'll go it alone if I must, because I believe so sincerely in my thoughts on this subject 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You don't have to go it alone. You can sit in the corner. poke2.gif

Of course I've helped arrange the CGC forum dinner two years in a row (though Steve B did more of the work this year) at the Balt Con.

I doubt many people would say CGC has me in their back pocket as I constructively criticize them all the time, nor has any of scotch they've bought me caused me to rethink a position I've expressed or refrain from expressing it.

Of course, this is all an act and the money exchanging hands has been hidden from public view. wink.gifgrin.gif

You don't have to go it alone. You can sit in the corner. poke2.gif

Thanks for the kind words in the other thread Mark... thumbsup2.gif

appreciated, truly. headbang.gif

...I heard you had to slab at least $600.00 in books to qualify for a free cocktail,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seriously though... with all the things that we KNOW are happening in our hobby why speculate on something that probably isn't happening? I understand your passion, I do. I just don't see why this would be a concern over the the others. I'm much more upset about undisclosed restoration (disclosed is fine) then who Steve eats with.