• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QUESTION WITH GRADE?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, and thanks for looking at my post. I have been collecting comics for awhile now and was thinking aboutsubmitting some for grades. I have a comic X-Men 104 that is just about perfect full gloss no stress on the spine or other defects except in the upper right hand corner on the cover there is a small crease where it got folded over. It has been folded right and stored in a bag with backing board and has white pages, but you can see the line where it got folded. How much would this take the grade down? I think its worthy to get cgc'ed, but how far down will it be knocked? Thanks

Hi, and thanks for looking at my post. I have been collecting comics for awhile now and was thinking aboutsubmitting some for grades. I have a comic X-Men 104 that is just about perfect full gloss no stress on the spine or other defects except in the upper right hand corner on the cover there is a small crease where it got folded over. It has been folded right and stored in a bag with backing board and has white pages, but you can see the line where it got folded. How much would this take the grade down? I think its worthy to get cgc'ed, but how far down will it be knocked? Thanks

Welcome! and yes, if you have a scanner pls post scans in the PGM forum. Does the crease break the colour? if it does it would probably be a 8.5 tops which wouldnt make sense to get graded. For a 104 i would think it should be a

solid 9.2 with a decent shot at 9.4 to make the CGC costs worthwhile. 8.5 doesnt bring a premium and the 40-60 dollars spend on grading would be lost.

If you want to sell it raw, pm me some scans im in the market for a 104 (if the crease doesnt break colour)

thumbsup2.gif

How much would this take the grade down? I think its worthy to get cgc'ed, but how far down will it be knocked?

Depends on how large the crease is/was.. I had a Marvel Spotlight #5 graded that had a 1/32" bend on on of the corners and the book came back 9.2 ...when it comes to creases size does matter.... wink.gif