• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics not owned by esquire

297 posts in this topic

Nice!!

I suggest cracking it. I know, the "slightly brittle" designation might scare you, but I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the few books I've had with that label (while being disappointed in a few labeled "off-white"). I bet you won't be sad after you flip through it and realize it's actually in pretty decent shape.

Of course, if I'm wrong I'll deny ever giving this advice. wink.gif

It seems like half the board spends its time sealing books up and the other half spends its time cracking them back out. 27_laughing.gif

I think the guys who keep urging everyone to crack them out are secretly shareholders of CGC. gossip.gif27_laughing.gif

Those dividends arrive every quarter, just like clockwork. wink.gif

I knew it! sumo.gif

Oh I see. blush.gif

Story for another thread.gossip.gif

Reason I asked is because I was just admiring your collection of Spectre covers on your website and wondered if you were trying to complete a Church run of each? The copies you already have are spectacular.

A complete run, yes, but doesn't have to be all Church copies. I certainly try to purchase Church copies if possible but some of the Spectre issues are just UNBELIEVEABLY expensive. I think I was offered the Church #64 recently. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif In any event, if extra cash is available, I'm there!

And thanks for your compliment! hi.gif

Reason I asked is because I was just admiring your collection of Spectre covers on your website and wondered if you were trying to complete a Church run of each? The copies you already have are spectacular.

A complete run, yes, but doesn't have to be all Church copies. I certainly try to purchase Church copies if possible but some of the Spectre issues are just UNBELIEVEABLY expensive. I think I was offered the Church #64 recently. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif In any event, if extra cash is available, I'm there!

Would you consider selling off some of the pre-Spectre books to fund the acquisiton? That was the first thing that came to mind as I was scrolling through the books. I see a lot of collectors (including myself) that try to complete whole runs in high grade abandon their quest out of frustation, lack of funds, what have you, but do end up focusing on the key issues and the great covers. confused-smiley-013.gif

Would you consider selling off some of the pre-Spectre books to fund the acquisiton? That was the first thing that came to mind as I was scrolling through the books. I see a lot of collectors (including myself) that try to complete whole runs in high grade abandon their quest out of frustation, lack of funds, what have you, but do end up focusing on the key issues and the great covers. confused-smiley-013.gif

I am always looking for ways to upgrade the collection, whether that be by grade or pedigree, or simply obtaining a rarer copy for one I know I can obtain elsewhere. I often end up with doubles of some of the pre-Spectre books in varying grade simply for the purpose of trade/resale.

So, yes, shoot me a PM or e-mail and let me know what you are looking for and I will be happy to try and help you contribute to this thread!!! thumbsup2.gif

Mark - In addition to the Adventure issue I contacted you about, I've also fallen in love with More Fun 48. Got a copy for me?

I need that one myself. makepoint.gif I'll look out for you though.

I have a beautiful #46 for anyone who is interested. 2nd highest graded copy. Stupid me bought this after forgetting I owned the Church copy already! foreheadslap.gif

I don't want to take up this thread with sales pitches so if anyone else has any questions, please PM or e-mail me.

But wouldn't this book look beautiful in a post with your name on it!! cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

MoreFun46.jpg