• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Book Show, Nashua, NH, Oct. 29

12 posts in this topic

The Comic Book Show Returns to Nashua, NH, Oct. 29th with Joe Jusko as Guest of Honor

NASHUA, NH - The Comic Book Show, New Hampshire's preeminent collectors' event, returns to the Holiday Inn in Nashua on Sunday, Oct. 29, with a special one-day convention featuring the finest in comics, toys, and so much more.

Thousands of area fans have enjoyed the previous Comic Book Shows, and the organizers are going all out to make the upcoming show their best yet. Featuring 70 tables of comic books, artists, show-exclusive premiums, collectibles, toys, art, and more, the show will definitely offer something for pop culture fans of all ages.

Guest of Honor Joe Jusko will be making a rare New England appearance at The Comic Book Show. Jusko is an extremely well known comic and fantasy artist/painter, loved by many a comic fan. He is widely known in the comic scene for his covers and trading cards, including the gorgeous and wildly popular first series of Marvel Masterpiece card-sets and the immensely detailed "Joe Jusko does Edgar Rice Boroughs" 1994 card-set. To commemorate his appearance, The Comic Book Show will be offering an exclusive Joe Jusko print which attendees can have signed by the artist the day of the show.

In addition to the Joe Jusko print, The Comic Book Show will proudly unveil Dan Fraga's "Big Thick One," a sketchbook and illustrated biography of sorts. Take a journey through Fraga's artistic career, past to present, with this new book, which is sure to be a hit with the fans. A long-time friend of The Comic Book Show, Fraga has worked on a number of comics' biggest characters, including Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine, and now works as a movie and video storyboard artist and director in the entertainment industry. He is currently working on Fantastic Four 2.

Also making a return appearance at The Comic Book Show will be rising star Chris Moreno, artist on such titles as "Dracula Vs. King Arthur" and "Paul Jenkins' Sidekick." Keron Grant, the popular artist of Iron Man, New Mutants, Son of Vulcan, and many more, will me making his first appearance at this year's event.

The Comic Book Show will be held on Sunday, Oct. 29, at The Holiday Inn, 9 Northeastern Blvd., Nashua, conveniently located next to McDonald's just off Route 3 at Exit 4. The show will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is $5 per person (children 10 and under get in for free). For additional information, please visit www.thecomicshow.com or call (978) 388-7658.

For all my groupies out there (both of them), I wanted to announce that I will be setting up at this show. I haven't been doing any shows lately, but this is just too close to my house and too easy to set up at for me not to attend.

Hope to see everyone there. Let me know if you want me to bring anything. I will be heavy on Bronze and light on Gold.

I will probably be bringing a small selection of Toon Tumblers. If you want anything specific and want to avoid the shipping charges and other fees, let me know and I will bring whetever you need.

Ah, don't get me confused with "silverandbronze" (Paul). He's the Toon Tumbler mastermind. I just like to send glasses in the mail..... insane.gif

Unfortunately, the Lulu's are not readily available. They do appear on eBay from time to time, but the market can take them well over retail. I'm not sure when there will be an actual sizeable prodcution run of these in the future. The ones that are out there now are very limited.

Monkeyhouse Entertainment will also be set up at this show.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Be nice to see you, Dave!

On the Toon Tumbler front, looks like the new Hulk glasses are about to come out. (HULK SMASH! No, Hulk, don't smash the glasses!!! grin.gif)

For all my groupies out there (both of them), I wanted to announce that I will be setting up at this show. I haven't been doing any shows lately, but this is just too close to my house and too easy to set up at for me not to attend.

Hope to see everyone there. Let me know if you want me to bring anything. I will be heavy on Bronze and light on Gold.

Great! Please bring plenty of that Bronze and Silver HG that you “have no idea” how to price! I’ll be glad to help you out! poke2.gif

Great! Please bring plenty of that Bronze and Silver HG that you “have no idea” how to price! I’ll be glad to help you out! poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Wish I could delete that rotten post... 27_laughing.gif

I'm bringing the new collection, minus the 200+ books at CGC. Don't know when they will be back....

Monkeyhouse Entertainment will also be set up at this show.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Be nice to see you, Dave!

On the Toon Tumbler front, looks like the new Hulk glasses are about to come out. (HULK SMASH! No, Hulk, don't smash the glasses!!! grin.gif)

It was good to be seen.

The tumblers looked great. Why haven't I seen them at New England's largest Comic Book show? You know. The one thats been in the same Boston location for 31 years. I promise to ban bulls at the show if you bring a much larger display of them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If I could only find a way to ban spoons.