• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Philanthropy - Let's Do It!!

77 posts in this topic

One more time:

So, is there an ETA on the next CGC Forum Drive and Auction?

I always feel generous around the Holiday Season, so keep us advised.

I like this idea, I'm in for donating too. Anyone want to run it? Let's make this baby happen... thumbsup2.gif

One more time:

So, is there an ETA on the next CGC Forum Drive and Auction?

I always feel generous around the Holiday Season, so keep us advised.

I like this idea, I'm in for donating too. Anyone want to run it? Let's make this baby happen... thumbsup2.gif

I thought David was going to run it.... confused.gif

I've got a couple slabs to donate....if they ever come back from CGC. tonofbricks.gif

I've got a couple slabs to donate....if they ever come back from CGC. tonofbricks.gif

Well I've got tons of books, assuming that CGC will toss in the grading. That way I can just mail out some books to CGC, rather than shipping heavy slabs to a personal address.

And yeah, I despise Canada Customs. makepoint.gif

CGC donated the slabs ..... thumbsup2.gif

So I could send some in now, mark them as for a charity auction, and then retroactively send them to Person X once we get the [!@#%^&^] together?

If I'm high on the yuletide spirit, I may just crack out one of my ASM 300's... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC donated the slabs ..... thumbsup2.gif

So I could send some in now, mark them as for a charity auction, and then retroactively send them to Person X once we get the [!@#%^&^] together?

If I'm high on the yuletide spirit, I may just crack out one of my ASM 300's... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

PM DAM60......he'll hook it up. thumbsup2.gif

Just a little note to let you guys know that your efforts are appreciated thumbsup2.gif

Scoop covers Comics4Kids

DAM

Here it is for the lazy folk:

In a startling move, collector David Matteini organized the “First Annual DAM60 CGC Forum Philanthropy Drive” in which he and other CGC Forum members held auctions to donate the money to Comic Book Charities, including C4K. Additionally, Matteini went further - using eBay name “cgc_forums” to raise money for a Comics4Kids ad in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #34 (2004).

When we're not being petty, greedy, selfish and just plain mean, we are a pretty good group of people. thumbsup2.gif

Now that it's the new year, can we still donate to Comics 4 Kids? Do they have any particular titles they want or don't want? The reason I'm asking is, I've bought a lot of "mixed lots" to get some stuff cheap. I'm keeping what I want and would like to get rid of the rest (I've looked at people's want lists on kraftycomics, but I don't see much interest in a lot of what I have left over). I wouldn't want to send stuff to C4K that they don't want or couldn't use.

Does anybody know their general guidelines?

Now that it's the new year, can we still donate to Comics 4 Kids? Do they have any particular titles they want or don't want? The reason I'm asking is, I've bought a lot of "mixed lots" to get some stuff cheap. I'm keeping what I want and would like to get rid of the rest (I've looked at people's want lists on kraftycomics, but I don't see much interest in a lot of what I have left over). I wouldn't want to send stuff to C4K that they don't want or couldn't use.

Does anybody know their general guidelines?

Comics4Kids would take all your books - they give the more adult titles to hospices, etc.

Thanks for your interest,

DAM