• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Philanthropy - Let's Do It!!

77 posts in this topic

Speaking of the Comics4Kids, thanks to RobReact we are now up to 94 books.

Chrisco had sent 51 books in earlier. All the books are being donated to:

Cancer Recovery Foundation

Let's try to each send some books their way!

Best,

DAM

Speaking of the Comics4Kids, thanks to RobReact we are now up to 94 books.

Chrisco had sent 51 books in earlier. All the books are being donated to:

Cancer Recovery Foundation

Let's try to each send some books their way!

Best,

DAM

Dave I got about 50 books or so to send...who is collecting them?

J.D.

JD - be a good boy and listen to your daddy! tongue.gif

DAM

I aint gotta listen him.......he's not my REAL daddy......he's just doin my mom......he don't even chip in none for the rent on the trailer or nothin,......and the only food he brings us is some smelly ole deer meat.

J.D.

and the only food he brings us is some smelly ole deer meat.

Ole? Best mind yur paw, bo-ay! That deer was a fresh keel! Keelt 'em mahself!

Chris

Yeah...with your truck.

How do you get them off the interstate so quickly?

hmmmmm... they edited my quote.

not that it was a big deal, but somewhere in the middle I said something to the effect of:

..."I spent the 4th of July running back and forth from enjoying hard lemonades and BBQ to checking the auction and posting all the new bids... it was the best 4th I've had in a long time"...

I guess you're not allowed to admit you operate a computer intoxicated... luckily I did not get a CWI summons "Computing While Intoxicated"

It was quite fun.. a "buzz" and "rush" at the same time grin.gif

Sending 50+ books to Comics4Kids on Monday. Will be bidding on Bruce's books and the submissions....

Chris

120+ more books on the way! There are plenty of 15/20/25-centers included, so hopefully the recipients will be excited about finding some "old" comics in the stacks (and yes, in their eyes that makes those of us that read 15/20/25-centers when they came out "old" as well! 27_laughing.gif ).

Philanthropy Update!For our next round of good deeds we're teaming up with forumites Kevthemev and Paradise Comics to help support them in their upcoming charity auction at the Toronto Con!Kevin and Peter (along with Comicwiz) have been working really hard to make this con a raging success and have decided to have a Charity Auction. The proceeds will be going to:1. ACTOR (40%)2. Kid's Help Phone (40%) 3. The North York Harvest Food Bank (20%)Of course, donors can designate if the want the profits from certain books to go to a specific charity. Steve has also volunteered to donate slabbing fees to forum members who have raw books that they would like to donate. If interested please PM me. Interested parties would just have to get the books down to cgc; after grading Steve will then make sure that the books get up to the con for the auction.With our two previous charity events, we have already surpassed $1,500!!!! Let's do our best to get a good amount of books to support our fellow forum members on their Con initiative! All donations can be sent to:CGC Forum Philanthropyc/o Paradise Comics3278 YONGE STREET TORONTO, ONTARIO M4N 2L6, CANADA Please don't wait! The con is less than 1 month away!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifDAM

Here are some more suggestions from Janine at Actor - some great ideas!:

There are lots of other ways to help to support us so if any of the following sound interesting, let me know.

-Start our spare change program at your neighborhood comic book shops

-Sign up at www.schoolcash.com and select ACTOR as your charity of choice when shopping online

-Volunteer/Staff an ACTOR booth at local conventions

-Have a fundraising event with fellow comic book fans

Best,

Janine

=====================

Janine Bielski

Development Director

A Commitment To Our Roots

310-286-0758 x440 Phone

775-429-8029 Fax

www.actorcomicfund.org

I was looking at http://www.schoolcash.com and they have a thorough list of merchants. They also have 7% to the History Channel - now you can get their Comicbooks special and have some $$$ going to Actor at the same time!

I also really liked the idea about spare change at the local comic book store.

And of course - we're all over the last one: "Have a fundraising event with fellow comic book fans" smile.gif

DAM

Philanthropy Update!For our next round of good deeds we're teaming up with forumites Kevthemev and Paradise Comics to help support them in their upcoming charity auction at the Toronto Con!Kevin and Peter (along with Comicwiz) have been working really hard to make this con a raging success and have decided to have a Charity Auction. The proceeds will be going to:1. ACTOR (40%)2. Kid's Help Phone (40%) 3. The North York Harvest Food Bank (20%)Of course, donors can designate if the want the profits from certain books to go to a specific charity. Steve has also volunteered to donate slabbing fees to forum members who have raw books that they would like to donate. If interested please PM me. Interested parties would just have to get the books down to cgc; after grading Steve will then make sure that the books get up to the con for the auction.With our two previous charity events, we have already surpassed $1,500!!!! Let's do our best to get a good amount of books to support our fellow forum members on their Con initiative! All donations can be sent to:CGC Forum Philanthropyc/o Paradise Comics3278 YONGE STREET TORONTO, ONTARIO M4N 2L6, CANADA Please don't wait! The con is less than 1 month away!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifDAM

Paradise has put up some of the charity auctions on Ebay. Please see the following link. And remember, it is all for a good cause:http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=paradisecomics%40wiznet.ca&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50Alex grin.gif

Paradise has put up some of the charity auctions on Ebay. Please see the following link. And remember, it is all for a good cause:http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=paradisecomics%40wiznet.ca&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50Alex grin.gif
Only a couple of hours left for the first round of books. 893whatthe.gif