• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Philanthropy - Let's Do It!!

77 posts in this topic

August 7th Update

Just paypaled CBLDF $420 ($20's for you OG, thanks!) as part of the CGC Forum Philanthropy!

If anyone is interestesd in a membership to CBLDF, please let me know. I cannot promise to accomodate everyone who has donated a book or who bid, but they have offered 20 memberships with our donations. If everyone is interested, I will go by a point system where you get 1 point for a dollar bid and 1 point if the book being bid on was your donation. The top 20 point holders take it.

If you are interested, please send me you name and mailing address to my Yahoo email account - davidmatteini@yahoo.com.

Similarly, Dale Moore of Comics4Kids is getting a thank you letter in place. If you want to be included, please let me know via email with your full name and mailing address (not PM please).

I am still waiting on actor as I have yet to hear from them. I will follow up more aggressively tomorrow. Has anyone else noticed that their side is down??

After all is said and done I will have an even $50 more to donate thanks to some people who have included more money or sellers who have donated shipping after the fact. I would like to send just this stub bonus to Comics4Kids to help pay for their ad in Overstreet #34. If anyone has any objections please let me know.

I should be meeting up with Gene tonight and will have some scans for the remaining donated books and the auctions should hit ebay by tomorrow. So sorry for the delay frown.gif Don't forget the ebay id is cgcforums

I have one remaining issue:

I still have yet to receive payment from one winner. You know who you are - please paypal me

Thanks so much for everything guys!

DAM

Comics4Kids Needs Your Books!!

Guys, please don't forget to send some books to comics for kids. So far only Chrisco is on the board with 51 (as you can see I'm a laggard here too).

1,000 is very easy if we can all find 50 and send them in.

DAM

Iver gorn through my collection adn Isolated what I am going to donate!

Do they wants bags and boards with the comics or unbagged comics?

Update: Sunday August 10th

ACTOR has still yet to be paid but CBLDF and Comics4Kids have been! Monday I will try again to touch base with ACTOR.

Tonight at 7:00pm pacific, ebay id "cgcforums" will be listing several items, here's a sneak peak

Thanks to all who have donated books / bid on the forum only auction. I hope that the ebay auctions continue to go successfully!!

I have one lose end: COMICMANKEV has still not paid for his charity auction win even though he has received the book. Kevin, time to step up and honor your bid

DAM

Update: Sunday August 10th

ACTOR has still yet to be paid but CBLDF and Comics4Kids have been! Monday I will try again to touch base with ACTOR.

Tonight at 7:00pm pacific, ebay id "cgcforums" will be listing several items, here's a sneak peak

Thanks to all who have donated books / bid on the forum only auction. I hope that the ebay auctions continue to go successfully!!

I have one lose end: COMICMANKEV has still not paid for his charity auction win even though he has received the book. Kevin, time to step up and honor your bid

DAM

shocked.gif and on my book too! 893naughty-thumb.gif

and on my book too!

In that case....it's acceptable... wink.gif

OK...tell that to the charities. I wasn't going to receive any monies from the sale anyways! confused.gif

This just in from ACTOR:

David,

My apologies for not responding to you sooner. As Jim mentioned, we have been a bit overwhelmed with preparing for the Chicago Con. ACTOR is tremendously touched by and extremely appreciative of the forum's overwhelming support! We don't have a PayPal account but use Network For Good for donations, so if you could go to our website at the end of the week (our website is currently down and will be back up around Thursday) and use our Donate Now button, that would be great. We would like to send acknowledgment letters and receipts out so if you could provide me with names, addresses and amounts, I will get materials to them by next week.

Again, please thank all of your forum profusely for their outpouring of good will.

Best,

Janine

=====================

Janine Bielski

Development Director

A Commitment To Our Roots

310-286-0758 x440 Phone

775-429-8029 Fax

www.actorcomicfund.org