• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Comic-Related E-Coli Victim

9 posts in this topic

frown.gif

1419217-popeye.jpg

POPEYE: R.I.P.

The E. Coli scare which has gripped over twenty states has claimed its most famous victim today at 2:35 a.m. Beloved entertainer and respected mariner, Popeye.

Popeye, known for decades as an advocate of the spinach industry, had recently switched from his long-time favorite of “canned spinach” to the fresher and more popular “bagged variety.” The same variety of spinach that was recently discovered to contain the deadly E-Coli bacterial strain.

On Saturday morning Popeye was declared dead at New York’s Presbyterian Hospital after hours of fruitless efforts at thwarting the bacteria.

Dr. William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University apologized to the widow Popeye by telephone earlier today for comments he made to Fox News regarding the family’s eating habits.

Popeye leaves behind a wife {Olive} and child {Sweet Pea}. Funeral services are to be performed on Wednesday in an open-casket service to be held at New York’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

The E-Coli scare has now reached twenty states, California, Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Authorities indicate that Popeye may be the third fatality.

sorry.gif

1419217-popeye.jpg.b285ef54dc6370dbf115c29bad095c28.jpg

My dad was politely provided with an e-coli infection when he was in the hospital about 4 years ago. He lost 40 lbs in about 3 weeks and was on the verge of death until the hospital finally got the bacteria in check. Not a pretty site and a very tough way to go if you don't get it resolved. Oh yeah....it wasn't the hospitals fault, even though he got the e-coli directly after having a biopsy done for prostate cancer. Be careful in the hospital, be diligent and be aware that it can happen to anyone at anytime.

I truly feel sorry for popeye.

My dad was politely provided with an e-coli infection when he was in the hospital about 4 years ago. He lost 40 lbs in about 3 weeks and was on the verge of death until the hospital finally got the bacteria in check. Not a pretty site and a very tough way to go if you don't get it resolved. Oh yeah....it wasn't the hospitals fault, even though he got the e-coli directly after having a biopsy done for prostate cancer. Be careful in the hospital, be diligent and be aware that it can happen to anyone at anytime.

I truly feel sorry for popeye.

I'm sorry to hear about this but glad your dad pulled through. Considering this, I now feel bad about posting this joke, but it seems too late to delete it now that there are replies. I was only trying to pass along a joke someone had sent to me.

sorry.gif