• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

double action comics #1
3 3

153 posts in this topic

fantasy cover ,is this not the lost cover from dc archives that were possible (stolen)

I heard it is from quite a reliable source according to the material i have read so i thought it was the real deal.If not with all the guys on this board someone must have at least seen the real deal , 2 known copies, so lets get some info.

ashcan

fantasy cover ,is this not the lost cover from dc archives that were possible (stolen) I heard it is from quite a reliable source according to the material i have read so i thought it was the real deal.If not with all the guys on this board someone must have at least seen the real deal , 2 known copies, so lets get some info.

ashcan

Metarog has it right. The cover is phony. Ian Levine either had it made, or bought it like that. The artwork is at best crude, and not at all similar to the type of non-superhero covers that were being drawn in 1939.

I believe I saw a copy of Double Action Comics 1 at the 1988 San Diego Con. I am not sure however, as it could have been number 2. I am fairly certain tho that it was number 1.

fantasy cover ,is this not the lost cover from dc archives that were possible (stolen) I heard it is from quite a reliable source according to the material i have read so i thought it was the real deal.If not with all the guys on this board someone must have at least seen the real deal , 2 known copies, so lets get some info.

ashcan

Metarog has it right. The cover is phony. Ian Levine either had it made, or bought it like that. The artwork is at best crude, and not at all similar to the type of non-superhero covers that were being drawn in 1939.

I believe I saw a copy of Double Action Comics 1 at the 1988 San Diego Con. I am not sure however, as it could have been number 2. I am fairly certain tho that it was number 1.

At a dealer's booth? Or in the hands of some collector? I find it difficult to understand how it might be displayed at such a major con yet no one can attest to its actual existence. Surely someone must know who allegeldy owns one of these two possible copies? confused-smiley-013.gif