• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put on your thinking caps!

49 posts in this topic

I thought it went for 135?

The most recent one was around there somewhere.

The book is performing much better than it did this time last year. I know this as I stupidly have waited to pick up a high grade copy. blush.gif

You aren't missing out on much, the highest it's gone in a regular auction is 245 and that seems to be an anomoly. If you can get it for between 125-150, you're getting it for about the avg price in 2002.

Brian

whats in Akira #38???
Harder to Find last issue in Series.

thanx big guy...I thought I just saw an Akira #44 listed in a CBG ad so I wondered why 38 would be valuable... but I looked it up in guide and yup it ends at 38. I usually get it confused with Lone Wolf whicjh went to 44 or 45. anyway thanx.

whats in Akira #38???
Harder to Find last issue in Series.

thanx big guy...I thought I just saw an Akira #44 listed in a CBG ad so I wondered why 38 would be valuable... but I looked it up in guide and yup it ends at 38. I usually get it confused with Lone Wolf whicjh went to 44 or 45. anyway thanx.

NP.... grin.gif I try to help when I can... smirk.gif

X-men 101 (First Phoenix)

X-men 137 (Death of Phoenix)

USM 1

Marvel Premiere 15 (first Iron Fist)

X-men 14 (first Sentinels)

ASM 252

Or if you wanted a quick flip on a cheap longshot...

Strikeforce Morituri

(Based on how well Fray is doing with its tie-in with Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

An ambitious choice with only $500 and 5 other books to buy

Well, I bought my X-men 14 copy for well less than $100 and it came back CGC 8.5.

I'm looking on eBay and as long as it's not extremely HG, it's feasible... ;-)

whats in Akira #38???

who cares? I know that people will pay $30-60 for it, and if I can get it for $4, that's a nice flip. The fact that it is a seriously cool book is a bonus!

Here's what I'd buy with my $500 (and just did!)

Fantastic Four 171 9.8 White

Fantastic Four 173 9.8 White

Fantastic Four 175 9.8 White

GI Joe 16 9.6 White

X-Men 114 9.4 White

total cash outlay $102, including the grading. Can I buy other stuff with the other $398?