• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to donate comic books?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

A friend has a collection of books maybe valued at $150 that he'd like to donate to a charity and use it as a tax write off. Any suggestions? I know that someone on here has an organization that looks for comic books...

A friend has a collection of books maybe valued at $150 that he'd like to donate to a charity and use it as a tax write off. Any suggestions? I know that someone on here has an organization that looks for comic books...

You may be referring to comics4kids.org

If the books are in NYC,almost any school with an ESL class will be happy to take them.You should be able to get a reciept for full cover/or overstreet value,whichever is higher.

A couple years ago, I had a stack of low-value books that were taking up space more than anything. I donated them to the nearest children's hospital. A couple weeks later, I got a note from a lady who works there and she said the kids absolutely love comics. She thanked me and invited me to send more if I ever wanted to. I don't remember if they provided some kind of "receipt" or not, but even if they didn't, just knowing that they're being read and enjoyed instead of sitting in a box or on a shelf in my house was better than any minor tax write-off. thumbsup2.gif

Feel free to send us some comics, we can use all that we get, especially during the holidays smile.gif

Comics4Kids

20825 SR 410 East # 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

(253) 441-9364

website maintenance done soon smile.gif

Finding a place to donate your comic books can be difficult. I would recommend donating to http://www.collectibleswithcauses.org. They accept not only comic books but other things as well like star wars collectibles, and vintage nintendo donations. Collectibleswithcauses.org is a funding project created by Giving Center, Giving Center is an IRS verified 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The donation process is really simple. All you do is complete the online donation form on their web site, then one of their representatives will get back to you to guide you through the rest of the donation process. If you’d like more information visit either http://www.collectibleswithcauses.org or http://www.givingcenter.org