• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for some advice

12 posts in this topic

Dear All

I've got a few Silver Age VF comics that are CGC graded but no clue as to the value of such. I would welcome the input of those more experienced than myself. The books are as follows:

Showcase #75: First Hawk & Dove

Nick Fury, Agent Of Shield #1

Submariner #3

Also, just a general question as to what grading does to the value of a book. Is there a relative rule of thumb whereby if something is graded as a 9.0 then it generally sells for full book value, 9.2 sells at 1.5X etc... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Ron

Thanks

The grades on the books are as follows:

Showcase #75 CGC 7.5

Nick Fury Agent Of Shield #1 CGC 7.5

Submariner #3 CGC 8.0

Showcase #75 about $40

Nick Fury #1 about $50

Sub-Mariner #3 about $30

Assumes all are unrestored (blue label).

Those are my 'dopinions'. 27_laughing.gif

Showcase #75 about $40

Nick Fury #1 about $50

Sub-Mariner #3 about $30

Those estimates are pretty much spot on if you're talking about past auction results for the last year.

Showcase #75 about $40

Nick Fury #1 about $50

Sub-Mariner #3 about $30

Those estimates are pretty much spot on if you're talking about past auction results for the last year.

Screw you! Where are my trials? You liar! Where are the comic bags you offered to forumites?!?!?! 893censored-thumb.gif

Screw you! Where are my trials? You liar! Where are the comic bags you offered to forumites?!?!?!

Actually, I don't recall you e-mailing about them (and you're not listed in my PMs) so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Two people actually sent me the money for them via Paypal and I sent them over 400 bags ranging from current size to Treasury size with resealable flaps for $5 postage.

However, I later realized that the Silver Age and Golden Age bags weren't made to spec and were a little short vertically so I refunded the two people their $5.

So I actually spent money to send free bags to people.

The offer's still open to people actually.. especially if you'd like some non-standard size Silver and Golden Age bags that can be used for other things like storing shorter size trade paperbacks or books. They're just a tad too short for comics.

The Current, Regular, and Treasury size bags should be okay although I'll probably make sure they're up to spec next time. The factory didn't seem to understand the size tolerances.

I'll probably stick with the sizes used by the Mylites 2 people:

7" x 10 3/4" for current size books

7 1/4" x10 3/4" for standard size books

7 3/4" x 10 3/4" for Silver and Golden Age books