• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever resub a book ??

8 posts in this topic

I was just looking at my copy of Strange Tales #128 that I bought off Pedigree which Korvac Saga owned. I'm comparing it to my #127 which received a 9.0 and looks a lot worse for wear then the #128 which received an 8.5. I'm seriously considering to resub it for even the .5 bump. Anyone have success at doing such a thing?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was just looking at my copy of Strange Tales #128 that I bought off Pedigree which Korvac Saga owned. I'm comparing it to my #127 which received a 9.0 and looks a lot worse for wear then the #128 which received an 8.5. I'm seriously considering to resub it for even the .5 bump. Anyone have success at doing such a thing?? confused-smiley-013.gif

shy.gif it was my copy, not Korvac's.

I would only resubmit it with the "free" grading coupon you get when you join the Collectors Society or take the economy...but that is a looong wait! Above that, it's not worth the price IMO.

To resolve this dilemma, I suggest you sell me your #127 devil.gif

foreheadslap.gif Sorry Frederic!!! My bad!! I can't keep all you high grade Strange Tales guys straight.. I must slowly eliminate you all 27_laughing.gif Beyonder, to answer your question, the #127 is old label, the #128 is new label. The #127 has White Pages and the #128 has Off-White to White. But I think it's the old argument that grading is a subjective art.

foreheadslap.gif Sorry Frederic!!! My bad!! I can't keep all you high grade Strange Tales guys straight.. I must slowly eliminate you all 27_laughing.gif Beyonder, to answer your question, the #127 is old label, the #128 is new label. The #127 has White Pages and the #128 has Off-White to White. But I think it's the old argument that grading is a subjective art.

Your above post makes my head hurt. insane.gif

Then my work is done here!!! poke2.gif I guess foreheadslap.gifI sounded a little like Chrissy from Three's Company there

Ditto

To answer your question- Yes and No. I've resubbed 12 books with mixed results. I've had grades go up a level, down a level and stay the same. Page quality is a karp shoot as well, I had an OffWhite book go all the way to White and I've had OffWhite come back Cream-OffWhite. It's nice to have them go up a grade but when they go down a grade your stomach kind of drops, especially when you have an 8.5 go to 8.0 on an early Silver key.