• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage signature auction is up!

102 posts in this topic

This catalog doesn't have the same large scanned images as the last one though. Tons of mini-scans, but not many big ones. I wonder what the Cavapouiewhatever Kirby Collection is?

Brian

I never will understand the hype of the Heritage auctions. Granted, they have the best selection but the prices just go through the roof to the point of being ridiculous. I put $3k or so bids yesterday on some graded Marvel silver age 9.4's. Some were 2x guide and some were as high as 4x guide. What do you think the chances are of me winning a single auction? I'll answer that - none. I'm not faulting Heritage - they are doing what any good auction house should, but I just cannot understand some people paying nearly 10X guide on some issues that are just not that rare. The last Heritage auction I bid on was for an X-men 40 that sold for $600 in 9.4, and I think that was a raw issue. I guess they are just looking for the high end clientel and that is what they get.

Tom

I've had no problems getting good deals on Heritage. I'm willing to pay a bit more than eBay, but I'm by no means willing to pay top of the line prices.. and never have yet still came away with at least a couple books.

Brian

While Heritage does have a nice selection of Silver-Age Marvel to offer, I think they are great because they offer books that are rarely seen on eBay. While I do bid on the Marvel and DC books, its the Golden-Age books that are what makes the auctions unique.

Out of the over $20K of books I'm bidding on, if I could win 3 or 4 books, I would be happy. And I would be happier if none of those were Silver-Age, which would mean I got some truly rare books. If you look at a lot of their Golden-Age books that are in VFor better, you will notice that in many cases they are the highest or second highest graded copy. What that means to me (a collector who like VF or better books), is that I might only have one chance to get that book anytime in the near future (next 1-3 years). On the other hand, in most cases, another copy of a NM Silver-Age book will come along, either on eBay or on a major dealers website eventually.

for some reason heritage sent me 2 catolouges and these are the first i have ever received and they are very nice.i have got a few good deals on heritage but i wish they would do away with the bp confused.gif

I can't seem to find the 2nd copies of ASM 15 and 16 in CGC 9.4.. gasp.. could this possibly mean they decided to not have two of the exact same copies in one auction?!?!?

Brian

Did anybody in NY get their catalogs yet? I didn't receive one as of yet but it could be because it would naturally take a bit longer to ship from TX to NYC.

Thanks,

DAM

I can't seem to find the 2nd copies of ASM 15 and 16 in CGC 9.4.. gasp.. could this possibly mean they decided to not have two of the exact same copies in one auction?!?!?

Brian

i think those could have been dupes?????

Did anybody in NY get their catalogs yet? I didn't receive one as of yet but it could be because it would naturally take a bit longer to ship from TX to NYC.

Thanks,

DAM

I got mine yesterday and I'm in CT.... 893applaud-thumb.gif....gawd....gotta love the GA stuff.... 893whatthe.gif

Thanks,

DAM

Got mine yesterday. sumo.gif

Thanks,

DAM

Got mine yesterday. sumo.gif

frown.gif

Today has been one of my best days in terms of receiving comic-related material in the mail. Ever have a day when a bunch of books arrived at the same time and it was like a holiday? laugh.gif That should be a thread: "Best Mail Days."

Here's what was waiting for me when I got home from work:

1) Two Heritage catalogues, which are always fun to go through. Only seriously looking at one comic to buy at the auction, however. Still, sweet eye candy!

2) My first-ever copy of Gerber's Photo-Journal to Marvel Comics (vol. 3 & 4). Awesome stuff...more eye candy for the Marvel Zombie I've become.

3) Tales of Suspense #65 9.6 NM+ oww.........whoo hoo! Amazing.

4) Fantastic Four #50 9.2 NM- oww..............nicest copy I've seen. So psyched.

5) Daredevil #30 9.4 NM w.................great Thor cover.

6) Iron Man Annual #1 9.4 NM w............I'm a big Iron Man fan, so this is cool.gif.

Sorry to go on and on about my new stuff. All these goodies have healed the pain of all my "reserve not met" auctions on Sunday night, however. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Happy 4th of July, everyone -

Dan

Enjoy yourself Drummy.

I thought your auction went pretty well. No offense, but it wasn't like you set any reserves at "giving them away prices". If you want top dollar, you're probably not going to get it all in one shot.

Still, you had lots of nice books so you shouldn't just give them away.

Also, just got my Heritage Catalogs today (a freebie) but I've already bid over $25K (winning $13K) so I'm not sure I want to see anything more.

Still cool to have.

I finally got my catalogs yesterday! acclaim.gif

This is exactly why we should all get free catalogs - after looking through the original art book I ended up bidding on several items that I otherwise wouldn't have!

Thank you Heritage,

DAM