• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supplies

10 posts in this topic

I was looking at www.bagsunlimited.com

I was wondering what size you get for silver age?

I know they have one but i was wondering if any of you use different sizes for silver age?

I was also wondering if any of you use Plastic boxes from there?

Are they better or worse than normal boxes?

Thanks

Danny

Usually, 7 and 1/8 inch will do the trick for Silver Age.

If you're looking at mylar, the most economical way to go is to use the 1mil mylites that you can get from Gerber or Bill Cole.

Usually, 7 and 1/8 inch will do the trick for Silver Age.

If you're looking at mylar, the most economical way to go is to use the 1mil mylites that you can get from Gerber or Bill Cole.

Yes, very economical...But mylites are SO flimsy, and they grab each other by friction like rubbing Saran Wrap together.

But I've used mylites in the past too, and find great prices on Ebay.

I agree that the Mylites stick to one another too much. Here's my solution.

What I do is pop each comic into a Mylite (2 mil, I think). Then I put the Mylite into a poly comic bag - usually a SA sized bag will fit the Mylite really well. Finally I slip the backing board into the poly bag, but outside the Mylite.

This gives you only Mylar touching the comic's cover. Plus you can use inexpensive backing boards, because the board isn't touching the comic. Finally you get the slickness of the poly bag that makes it easy to put them in or to take them out of boxes when they need to slide past other bagged comics. You still will find that the poly bag yellows over time, but it is pretty cheap to toss it away and replace it.

That's exactly what I do wayne... works like a charm! The mylites do tend to adhere to each other and don't slide well over each other, and that was the best way I found to get around the problem.