• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manitoba Comic Con Nov. 4th & 5th, Winnipeg, MB, Canada

11 posts in this topic

Manitoba Comic Con

November 4th & 5th

Assiniboine Gordon Hotel (The A)

1975 Portage Ave.

Saturday: 10am - 5pm

Sunday: 11am - 4pm

General Admission: $2.00

Early Bird: $20.00

Gold Pass: $65.00

River City Shows is proud to present Manitoba's first Comic Convention, featuring local Manitoba Talent including comic and fantasy artists Lovern Kindzierski, George Freeman, Laurie E. Smith, Greg Waller, Chris Chuckry, Ian Sokoliwski, Greg Oakes, Nick Burns, Mark Saunders, Mike Valcourt, Patrick Ross, Maureen Babb, Mara Jade Campbell, Jamie Isfeld, Ed Ryzowski, Greg Rention, Ed Quiring, Kenny Moran and Laura Horobin. Clayton E. Stewart, Dan Walechuck, John Gel will also appear presenting their Winnipeg produced fan films, Star Wars: The Evil Within, Geeksters, and Nintendo: Supafied. In addition to Manitoba's own, our video room will be packed with fan films throughout the con. Check the website or at the con for schedules!

In addition to the star line up, we have comic, toy and gaming dealers from across Manitoba bringing you everything from rare finds to fresh merchandise. If there is a convention to be at, Manitoba Comic Con is the place to be!

We have the widest selection of Comic Books available at one time, in one place, in all of Canada. We have Comic Books from Silver Age rares like Batman #7 and Superman #4, to Fresh Underground Comic Books. Literally thousands upon thousands of comic books will be at this show! Toy and action figure collections are equally abundant, everything from Star Wars and Transformers to Batman and Spawn. We also have McFarlane, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, Superman, Marvel, DC, Exclusives and much more! We will have movie posters, cut outs, lobby cards, and autographed merchandise as well!

In the lobby we will be featuring a vintage Robots display, from collectible TOMI bots to modern robots!

The gaming community need not stay away either! We have finds for you too, from vintage Atari to brand new X-Box and Playstation games. We have RPG Games, D&D, Miniatures, and Warhammer40k. There is something for everyone at the Manitoba Comic Con, the list is literally endless!

River City Shows has hosted shows and conventions from Vancouver to Halifax and co-hosted shows and conventions from Los Angeles to New York over the last 12 years but is now dedicating itself exclusively to hosting shows and conventions in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

So come to the event where you can meet great artists, see great films, and finish off your collection! Manitoba Comic Con, life is strange when you're a fan.

We have the widest selection of Comic Books available at one time, in one place, in all of Canada.

No offense... balogna.

Yeah, I nearly went into convulsions from laughing so hard at that. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Especially knowing the location and having been there last year. Oh, and knowing that there will be lots of non-comic items available (ie. taking up space) at the show.

So... again.. what does $65.00 get you that's different from paying $2.00??

From the website, "ACCESS AT 9:30AM, MBCC T-SHIRT, VIP DINNER WITH THE GUESTS!"

I've got my $2 ready!

I figured a T-shirt had to play in there somewhere foreheadslap.gif With all the non-comic related items, I think I'll save my $2.00 so I'm not looking at the aisles of 50 cent bins unless that dealer list is bringing stuff they never have in their stores.

Easy fellas, I say be thankful someone is at least trying, as a former resident I don't have to tell you how barren and far between shows are in the 'Peg. Something is better than nothing - shine up a toonie and hope for some decent books.