• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HISTORY CHANNEL SPECIAL ON COMICS TONIGHT 9PM!!!!!!

91 posts in this topic

Uh, I've seen this show mentioned on these boards in various threads several times in the past couple of weeks...? There was definitely a previous thread with this show and/or the History Channel referenced in the title...!

Ah, a "comics channel"... it would be heaven for about 327 people in the U.S. smile.gif Here's the daytime schedule, I'll leave it to you to provide the primetime list...

The Comic Book Channel (CBC-TV)

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

6 - 7 a.m.: "Pumping Pencil with Frank Brunner"

7 - 8:30 a.m.: "Live Reports from eBay Comics Trading Floor w/Geraldo Rivera"

8:30 - 9 a.m.: Public Service Announcement: soliciting funds for The Society of Poorly-drawn, Nearly Disabled Comic Book Characters Penciled by Frank Robbins

9 - 10 a.m.: "Wonder Woman Workout with Linda Carter and her sidekick Joanna"

10 - 11 a.m.: "General Super-Villain Hospital"

Noon - 1: "Update from CGC Headquarters: Comics Slabbed TODAY"

1 - 2 p.m.: "Make Fun of Other People's Mid-Grade POS" - call-in show with hosts JoeCollector and [insert patient co-host's name here]

2 - 3 p.m.: "Live Reports from eBay Comics Trading Floor w/Geraldo Rivera"

3 - 4 p.m.: "America's Most Wanted: eBay Fraud Perps Edition"

4 - 5 p.m.: "Restoration Check - Truth or Consequences in the Golden Age"

5 - 6 p.m.: Evening News with Steve Borock

327 people? Build it and they will come. (ha) Great start to the programming!

7-8pm - Interviews with dealers/comic collectors and other movers/shakers in the industry (Jay Parrino, Chuck Rozanski, Steve Borock, Bill Hughes, Bob Overstreet, Steve Geppi, etc. (There's certainly enough to find 100 people to talk to)

8-9pm- Biography of Creators (Kirby, Eisner, Wood, Frazetta, Wrightson, Steranko, etc, etc). Easily fill 100 shows with noteworthy people right there.

9-10 pm - History of Characters / Companies (you know, like Superman, Wolverine, Black Terror, Capt. America, Timely, D.C., MLJ, Archie, Casper, Harvey and on and on).

10-11 pm - Live (and taped) coverage from any Con going on that week! Costumes, Panels, Displays, Parties, etc.

11-12 pm Reruns of old comic related cartoons, movies or TV Shows. Hey, it's a start! I'm there! grin.gif (Maybe I should start a new thread?)

does anybody have any info/air time on the discovery 1 hour show KAPOW the science of superheros as mentioned in CBG #1548? any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! grin.gif

It just replayed a week or two ago. It'll repeat again in a couple of months, most likely.