• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

Based on the miswrapped BA monstrosities that I see boardies proudly posting all the time, I would say that centering doesn`t seem be a consideration at all for many collectors.

:o

Nothing like buying the label instead of the book.

I buy the book and not the label. That is why I have some UGLY books and couldn't sell one no matter what was on the label or price I put on it. Good reading though.

Based on the miswrapped BA monstrosities that I see boardies proudly posting all the time, I would say that centering doesn`t seem be a consideration at all for many collectors.

Yep, dat center'in don't get you no extra Registry points.

just when you thought a fuglier 9.6 than the heritage copy couldn't be found, the copy on pedigree out fuglies it and sells for $10.5k.

Yup, that was a seriously fugly copy. I didn't even put in a tracking bid because I was afraid I might win it.

just when you thought a fuglier 9.6 than the heritage copy couldn't be found, the copy on pedigree out fuglies it and sells for $10.5k.

Yup, that was a seriously fugly copy. I didn't even put in a tracking bid because I was afraid I might win it.

:signfunny:

:sorry: Man, I should of bidded for it. Ugly or not it looks better then my Ugly 9.4 copy I just bought from a someone on Ebay and it would of cost me less too.

So does this sale reflect the going rate of the 9.6 since a lone 9.8 just showed up and sold the same month? hm

:sorry: Man, I should of bidded for it. Ugly or not it looks better then my Ugly 9.4 copy I just bought from a someone on Ebay and it would of cost me less too.

So does this sale reflect the going rate of the 9.6 since a lone 9.8 just showed up and sold the same month? hm

Link please (shrug)

Link please (shrug)

Ugly 9.6 GL76

The Swan 9.8 GL76

It definitely reflects the going rate for a seriously fugly 9.6 copy.

Obviously prices have softened for 9.6 and 9.4 copies, and 9.6 prices definitely aren't helped by the fact that so many have come on sale recently. But whether prices have really softened this much for a well centered 9.6 copy, we don't know yet.

my guess would be no. the heritage copy which was less ugly but ugly nonetheless sold for $14k+. i think a well centered white pager is still a high teens #.

Wow nice price. Crazy it feels there's a 9.6 copy in every other auction yet the census only says 5 copies. Seems like the only person whose holding onto their copy is the guy who paid 30K for Joe S's copy.

Unless he wants to pull a Keller, I think he's going to be holding on to it for a lo-o-ng time, unless the GL movie out-grosses "Avatar" and GL-mania runs rampant in mainstream culture.

I just checked the census and I can't believe how many 9.4s and 9.4s there are now. I mean 41 9.2s, that's more than HOS 92 with 30.

Well, HOS 92 was always considered to be a scarce-in-HG BA book. :P Boy, that was one myth that has been blown away during the CGC era.

If HOS 92 were going for the same kind of prices as GL 76, there`d probably be just as many HOS 92s in the Census.

What it really goes to show you is that there is no such thing as a BA book that is truly scarce in HG, particularly with the advent of pressing.

I just checked the census and I can't believe how many 9.4s and 9.4s there are now. I mean 41 9.2s, that's more than HOS 92 with 30.

Well, HOS 92 was always considered to be a scarce-in-HG BA book. :P Boy, that was one myth that has been blown away during the CGC era.

If HOS 92 were going for the same kind of prices as GL 76, there`d probably be just as many HOS 92s in the Census.

What it really goes to show you is that there is no such thing as a BA book that is truly scarce in HG, particularly with the advent of pressing.

I don't know about that. HOS #92 is a pretty big book and people are always looking for high grade copies to slab. I'm actually pretty surprised there are no 9.8 copies as well but it may just be the last big bronze key standing with no 9.8 copies on the census...how long? Time will tell.