• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey #216 Romita Jr cover art

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. New to the board. Got a question thought you guys might be able to answer. I'm getting married soon and I need a little extra money. I never thought I'd say it, but I was thinking about getting rid of some of my comic art collection. In particular, the original cover art for Amazing Spider-Man #216 by Romita Jr. I've had it since my uncle gave it to me when I was 6 or 7, and I hate to see it go, but I think I could use the money more. It's yellowed a bit, something that's really only noticeable when it's next to a newer comic page from the last couple years, but it's still in nearly perfect condition. Any idea what this particluar piece may be worth? I've never sold any art, I was really just someone who bought for myself, so I have no idea what range to even ask for when I attempt to sell it... Any help?

http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpider-ManI/amazing_spiderman_216.htm

Hey everyone. New to the board. Got a question thought you guys might be able to answer. I'm getting married soon and I need a little extra money. I never thought I'd say it, but I was thinking about getting rid of some of my comic art collection. In particular, the original cover art for Amazing Spider-Man #216 by Romita Jr. I've had it since my uncle gave it to me when I was 6 or 7, and I hate to see it go, but I think I could use the money more. It's yellowed a bit, something that's really only noticeable when it's next to a newer comic page from the last couple years, but it's still in nearly perfect condition. Any idea what this particluar piece may be worth? I've never sold any art, I was really just someone who bought for myself, so I have no idea what range to even ask for when I attempt to sell it... Any help?

ASM Covers are the gold standard in the OA market. It is akin to real-estate, they arent making any more of the stuff. Definitely get a sense of what the value is before negotiating a sale. My best advice, however, is dont sell it. You likely will not be able to replace any ASM Covers in the coming years as prices move up.

ASM Covers are the gold standard in the OA market. It is akin to real-estate, they arent making any more of the stuff. Definitely get a sense of what the value is before negotiating a sale. My best advice, however, is dont sell it. You likely will not be able to replace any ASM Covers in the coming years as prices move up.

Well it took you 5 posts to be yourself...but better late than never.

Welcome Back KK..

Chris

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

"He who laughs last, laughs best."

Tis true, tis true.

27_laughing.gif

Tis true, tis true.

Nice to see you back KK...again. juggle.gif

27_laughing.gif

Tis true, tis true.

Just remember 'blowout',..............

Who's your daddy? laugh.gif

* If it wasnt for me you'd still be collecting funny books!

27_laughing.gif

Tis true, tis true.

Just remember 'blowout',..............

Who's your daddy? laugh.gif

* If it wasnt for me you'd still be collecting funny books!

Banned Again in 5...4..3..2..

27_laughing.gif

Tis true, tis true.

Nice to see you again too, blowout. insane.gif

I'd avoid a private sale - make sure a lot of people know it is for sale - don't make the mistake of taking an offer too soon - consider putting it on Ebay with a large reserve to get a feel for the market.

I agree - eBay or Heritage would be the way to go.