• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the new Marvel BA 1st issues set

3 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The Marvel Bronze Age 1st Issues set was created from a detailed list supplied by the original requestor. The Giant-Size books were included on that list, and are now part of that Registry set.

I suplied the detailed list and the reason why they are in is that you can collect 1st issues that would include all the Giant-Size #1s even if you don't collect the rest of the Giant-Size.

In fact that's what happened with me. I originally only owned just the #1s but my love of squarebounds then made me want to get the rest of the Giant-Sizes.

I would say there is a (subtle I admit) distinction between these and Annuals in that the G/S #1s represent the first issues of new titles. The Annuals are more part and parcel of their original titles, albeit with a distinct identity. Similarly, you can collect Annuals beyond #1 and where else would the #2s upwards go?

There are many sets that inevitably include issues that overlap between two or more sets.For example, the G/S also appear in the title hero's main sets; the 1st issues also appear in the title's sets, and so on.