• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TOS 58

21 posts in this topic

The top edge of the cover has some overhang and just this overhang bends back. The scan glare off the angled part of that edge gives the scan that effect.

There is a scratch across Iron Mans belly. It is not a crease.

Pretty good color and gloss but it certainly does not look "wet".

The pages look pretty good and are fairly white.

58fvfcover.jpg

58fvfback.jpg

I'm thinking 6.5 though I'm not sure if the scratch would effect it more?

I am not a slave to E-Bigs when grading... though, i do find it interesting to use...

That is why i sometimes wonder... an apparent/appears to be 7.0 or 6.5 for example in this books case vs... the best it can be gradewise because of a particular defect...

In this case, that large scratch... would make it a VG+ at best...

so maybe E-Bigs is not a useful grading tool to folks on this board?

E-Bigs is a good system for people who have no idea how to grade. Most of the regulars here I would consider experts in grading, even though I disagree with them sometimes. E-bigs is good for the old lady who just found a bunch of comics in here closet and had no idea how to grade in my opinion.

A 4.5 on this book is just not realistic in my opinion.

Oh, and Buckeye, I'm doing good. Busy. I'm opening a comic store. acclaim.gif

E-Bigs is a good system for people who have no idea how to grade. Most of the regulars here I would consider experts in grading, even though I disagree with them sometimes. E-bigs is good for the old lady who just found a bunch of comics in here closet and had no idea how to grade in my opinion.

King i don't disagree, however, that is a very large scratch and i don't think VF should be attributed to something with a scratch that large.... so a F/VF even...

Fine+ at best...

but it ain't helping Granny if she has this book, plugs in a large noticable scratch, and comes up in the VG range... that would be useless...

or maybe grading has become too easy and loose in raw books...?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

6.5 is not out of the question. I think the most important thing to do in this case would be to grade the book had the scratch not been there. Would do you think it would be? I'd call it a 7.5 without the scratch.

I absolutely agree with you... so a scratch that size would just be a 1 point deduction?... that is my hang-up...

and E Bigs isn't smart enough to work in a vacuum, and its algorithm - or whatever - can't grade with everthing else assumed perfect... and account for a lager scratch...

thanks for the help

That is awsome! Labor of love and working for yourself should work out nicely thumbsup2.gif

King i don't disagree, however, that is a very large scratch and i don't think VF should be attributed to something with a scratch that large.... so a F/VF even...

Fine+ at best...

Just remember that this book received a CGC 8.0:

if14.jpg

Yeap... I remember seeing this book... confused-smiley-013.gif

i don't know... just when i think i get a sense of grading... i then think i don't have a clue?

perhaps, being away from the hobby for the last 10 years requires quite a bit more make-up on my part than originally thought...? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

do appreciate folks help...