• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After a few Heritage auctions, how do you feel about the "D" collection?

26 posts in this topic

I think the no return policy has some wiggle room. Especially on a NM book with two pages torn severly. It's an obvious oversight. If you complain a VF+ is a VF minus that won't fly. But if they drop the ball why not step up and make it right. They did for me. I will continue to buy from them as Ed Jaster has always been fair with me and it showed here. He didn't flinch, he said send them right back.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the info. thumbsup2.gif

I picked up one book and found the cover reflectivity higher than I expected. A real solid book for its grade, so I am happy with it. A lot of books sold for a premium which I felt were not worth it. I didn't buy any raw copies though.

It appears that the newer Crippens have page quality issues, with off-white, cream, foxing...and generally just darker page quality. The poor scans on Heritage aren't helping. It's a shame if the recent batch of books weren't stored as well as the earlier copies.

It appears that the newer Crippens have page quality issues, with off-white, cream, foxing...and generally just darker page quality. The poor scans on Heritage aren't helping. It's a shame if the recent batch of books weren't stored as well as the earlier copies.

I agree... the early copies are nicer, but the Heritage scans don't do the newest batch justice either... The foxing on my Wow 23 doesn't look too bad at all in person, but in the scans it looks horrible.

Here's a comparison between a Frankie 6 that came out back in the day and the Wow 23 from the recent Heritage run...

Frankie06.jpg

Wow23b.jpg

Very possible. I passed on a "D" copy of a great GGA cover which was the sole highest graded copy (9.0) because of some hideous looking foxing on the back cover. I just couldn't bring myself to bid on it and looks like some other people felt the same (it actually went for 20% less then 9.2 guide)

Luckily, I found the sole second highest graded copy (8.5), also a Pedigree copy, on Metros site for a little less and happily bought it.

I'm just very wary of the condition of these books. I have a hard time believing that books with severe foxing can not only get ultra high grades but also high page quality designations.