• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's a modern fire sale! Prices lowered to even more ludicrous extent

17 posts in this topic

1602 1-8 NM $1.50 each!

Avengers Forever 1-12 NM $1.25 each!

Batman 611, 617, 619, 633 NM $1.25 each except 633 $0.50

ClanDestine 1 VF-, 2-9 NM, ClanDestine/X-Men 1-2 NM $7.50 for the set or $0.75 each!

Daredevil vol.2 26-37 NM $1.25 each

Detective Comics Annual 2 NM, 3 VF, 4-10 NM $5 for all 9 or $0.75 each!

Hitman 1-40, 1000000, Annual 1 NM $0.75 each

Incredible Hulk (1999-now) 41-70 NM $1.25 each

Incredible Hulk: Gray 1-2 NM $1.50 each!

Iron Man vol.3 1-6 (2 Larroca cover variant) NM $4 for the set or $0.75 each!

Silver Surfer (Moebius, as hated by Tarantino) 1-2 NM $1 each!

Spectacular Spider-man vol.2 1-7 NM $1 each!

Spider-man: Blue 1-6 NM (one guy thinking about these)

Superman: The Wedding Album one-shot NM $4.95 cover, yours for $1.50

Supreme Power 1 Special Edition NM, 1-9 NM SE $1.50, all others $1 each

Tales of the Marvels: Blockbuster one-shot NM $2.50

Tales of the Marvels: The Wonder Years 1-2 NM $2.50 each

Ultimate Fantastic Four 1-7 NM $12 for the set

Ultimates vol.1 1 NM $2

From now on, I refuse to buy anything that isn't older than me/yellow/brittle. Just you wait, one day my polybags filled with flakes of what used to be Archie comics will be worth way more than your worthless 9.8 slabs of Civil War #1!

From now on, I refuse to buy anything that isn't older than me/yellow/brittle. Just you wait, one day my polybags filled with flakes of what used to be Archie comics will be worth way more than your worthless 9.8 slabs of Civil War #1!

You may be just joking around but I truly concur with that statement!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

You may be just joking around but I truly concur with that statement!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thank you, sir! I stand by my assertion. It's not as if modern comics are bad; the art and colouring are obviously superb, and there are some talented writers out there. But if I have to choose between owning this:

CivilWar19.jpg

and this:

ARCCS_4.jpg

No contest!

Anyway, all my comics except the first few Hulks and Daredevils are available for less than cover price - come on, help a parrot out. I'm endangered, you know...

bumpit.gif Okay, everything is available again! Only now even cheaper: in many cases, 1/3 of cover price.

If I wasn't already turned off moderns, I sure am now! Can I really not get a dollar twenty five for the first Bendis issue of Daredevil?

Everything left will be thrown onto a bonfire on the Fifth of November.

If I wasn't already turned off moderns, I sure am now! Can I really not get a dollar twenty five for the first Bendis issue of Daredevil?

I'm going to go slightly sign-offtopic.gif here...but, y'know, when I was getting a little more heavily into reading newer comics some years ago, I was told that Bendis was simply GREAT and that I had to read his stuff. So I did. And I must confess that I do remember enjoying some of it at the time. But for the life of me now I can't recall the details of any single, individual story (though I do remember something about Daredevil's secret identity being revealed). It's all just a big, gaping...nullity. Likewise for some of the other "hot" writers of the late '90s/early '00s, whose books I read but whose names I can't even remember.

On the othe hand, I can remember LOTS of details and plots from stories I read 20-30 years ago or more, and (most of the time) who wrote them. Weird, eh?

That being said...I think the early Bendis DDs should certainly be worth at least $1.25 apiece...

Daredevil vol.2 1, 3-24, 26-37 NM 26-37 $1.25 each

Spectacular Spider-man vol.2 1-5 NM $1 each!

Hitman 15-20 $0.75 each

takeit.gif

Might come back for more later.

Nice try, but the $1.25 each was for 26-37, not the earlier issues as well. Sorry if that wasn't clear; I assumed no one would want them. makepoint.gif You can have the Specs and the Hitmen and DD 26-37 at the quoted prices though.

Am I desperate? Absolutely. Desperate enough to sell DD 1 for less than half cover? No. poke2.gif

After reading that well-thought out article from the Toronto Star in Comics General, I've decided that the time has come to panic. 893whatthe.gif Therefore, I am disposing of everything I own from the past ten or so years:

Okay let's add some prices based on slashing the values at comicspriceguide.com! Then slashing them some more because no one is buying!

1602 1-8 NM $1.50 each!

Avengers Forever 1-12 NM $1.25 each!

Batman 611, 617, 619, 633 NM $1.25 each except 633 $0.50

ClanDestine 1 VF-, 2-9 NM, ClanDestine/X-Men 1-2 NM $7.50 for the set or $0.75 each! Is Alan Davis that despised?

Daredevil vol.2 1, 3-24, 26-37 NM 26-37 $1.25 each

Detective Comics Annual 2 NM, 3 VF, 4-10 NM $5 for all 9 or $0.75 each!

Hitman 1-40, 1000000, Annual 1 NM - I can't believe I can't get a dollar each for them, but apparently I can't! $0.75 each

Incredible Hulk (1999-now) 34-70 NM 41-70 $1.25 each

Incredible Hulk: Gray 1-2 NM $1.50 each!

Iron Man vol.3 1-6 (2 Larroca cover variant) NM $4 for the set or $0.75 each! (yea verily, 'tis good stuff)

Silver Surfer (Moebius, as hated by Tarantino) 1-2 NM $1 each!

Spectacular Spider-man vol.2 1-7 NM $1 each!

Spider-man: Blue 1-6 NM (one guy thinking about these)

Superman: The Wedding Album one-shot NM $4.95 cover, yours for $1.50

Supreme Power 1 Special Edition NM, 1-9 NM SE $1.50, all others $1 each (why am I the only Gary Frank fan in the whole wide world? His Hulk was amazing!)

Tales of the Marvels: Blockbuster one-shot NM $2.50

Tales of the Marvels: The Wonder Years 1-2 NM $2.50 each

Ultimate Fantastic Four 1-7 NM $12 for the set

Ultimates vol.1 1 NM $2

Lowball offers via PM are encouraged if any of this interests you. Would suit UK boarders, but for you airmail folks, something like $6 plus $1 for each additional book. Hey, stranger things have happened. Like when Paul Bettany won Wimbledon. Oh wait, that was just a movie. 893censored-thumb.gif

If they don't sell I will consider using them as firelighters during the cold winter ahead. Some great reading there, even if it's all worthless modern stuff!

I didn't list prices for DD 1, 3-24, Hulk 34-40, or for Spider-man: Blue because people were mulling offers for them. I've already apologised if what I wrote wasn't clear. After the issue numbers and the "NM" for all of the Daredevils, I wrote "26-37 $1.25 each", exactly as you quoted and put in bold.

I didn't list prices for DD 1, 3-24, Hulk 34-40, or for Spider-man: Blue because people were mulling offers for them. I've already apologised if what I wrote wasn't clear. After the issue numbers and the "NM" for all of the Daredevils, I wrote "26-37 $1.25 each", exactly as you quoted and put in bold.

You made a mistake? Sure, happens all the time. That's fine. Just don't try and make it sound like i was trying to pull a fast one.