• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Case thickness

13 posts in this topic

Hi

I just recently purchased a Silver Surfer 4 graded at CGC 8.5. When I took it out of the box I instantly realized that the case was thicker than any other CGC Slab that I have. Anyone know if CGC made thicker slabs, the slab in question is the same size as any other slab only it is thicker. I have posted a picture to show you. I sent a post to ASK CGC but it will probably take awhile for the mederator to post it so I decided to post her as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ss-cgc.jpg

Thanks for the post Silvers, any others opinions out there. I am hoping this one is legit as I really don't want the hassle of returning the book to the ebayer I bought it from.
It's Legit. thumbsup2.gif

Is the book a 64 or bigger paged book?

I don't know to mucha bout these, I do know they are real, and exsist.

But if it's bigger then 64, or so, then that could be why.

Not sure on how many pages, any idea where I might find out that info?
Usually it would say on the book.

Otherwise, you'd have to do some searching on the net.

Look at this book and compare it to another Silver Aged book, see if their about the same thickness.

If thier the same thickness, then it's normal size.

The person below me answered your question. thumbsup2.gif

I have a mad #2 that I sent to get reholdered (it was in a normal thickness new style slab) and then they sent it back it was in the thicker one. I called them up and asked about it and they basically said that it needed to be in a thicker slab, but that I could send it back in and request the normal size (as long as I was willing to pay another reholdering fee).

I was a bit annoyed by the whole thing. Looks funny in the stack with the rest of the books that are all normal size.