• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Comprises CGC's restoration detection division? Where are Friesen & Brevard?

218 posts in this topic

I wholeheartedly encourage someone to call them and chat if they so wish. I see no reason why that has to be the case. I am not their spokesperson.

Mark, you keep inviting others to call, but you're the who's privy to the rumors "of what's really going on". Armed with that knowledge, aren't you the best equipped to make the call?

Jeff, I was only referring to the questions I posted, not the rumors. If I ever felt they rose to a level of substance that merited action I would certainly pick up the phone and call CGC, like I have done numerous times in the past. My questions exist independently from the rumors.

Then perhaps even the existence of unsubstantiated rumors should have been left out of the discussion.

I never mentioned any. Others did, none of which I confirmed. I don't comment on unsubstantiated rumors, which is not to say their existence does not prompt legitimate questions.

I didn't say you went into the details of the rumors. I said you mentioned the existence of rumors, supplying fuel to the fire that you sparked with your initial "shrouded in mystery" post. Here's what you said...

I could have repeated the numerous rumors I have been hearing about what others believe is going on, but I did not and I would not because they are just that - unsubstantiated rumors.

I wholeheartedly encourage someone to call them and chat if they so wish. I see no reason why that has to be the case. I am not their spokesperson.

Mark, you keep inviting others to call, but you're the who's privy to the rumors "of what's really going on". Armed with that knowledge, aren't you the best equipped to make the call?

Jeff, I was only referring to the questions I posted, not the rumors. If I ever felt they rose to a level of substance that merited action I would certainly pick up the phone and call CGC, like I have done numerous times in the past. My questions exist independently from the rumors.

Then perhaps even the existence of unsubstantiated rumors should have been left out of the discussion.

I never mentioned any. Others did, none of which I confirmed. I don't comment on unsubstantiated rumors, which is not to say their existence does not prompt legitimate questions.

I didn't say you went into the details of the rumors. I said you mentioned the existence of rumors, supplying fuel to the fire that you sparked with your initial "shrouded in mystery" post. Here's what you said...

I could have repeated the numerous rumors I have been hearing about what others believe is going on, but I did not and I would not because they are just that - unsubstantiated rumors.

I know what I said. I'm not going to tip toe through a minefield here. Sometimes these boards are so politically correct it makes me sick to my stomach. It is one thing to repeat unsubtantiated rumors without any basis, and I generally will not engage in such conduct, but I am drawing the line at saying it is inappropriate not to mention you have heard such rumors. foreheadslap.gif

When I scan the thread “What is the most money you have paid for a single comic?”, it’s stunning to me the faith that some of you have put into a few folks currently operating in Florida.

People were spending six figures on single comic books long before CGC was a gleam in Steve Borock's eye. Did you see some of the prices being paid for raw books in the Heritage September auction? People are perfectly capable of spending a lot of money on comics with or without CGC.

When I scan the thread “What is the most money you have paid for a single comic?”, it’s stunning to me the faith that some of you have put into a few folks currently operating in Florida.

People were spending six figures on single comic books long before CGC was a gleam in Steve Borock's eye. Did you see some of the prices being paid for raw books in the Heritage September auction? People are perfectly capable of spending a lot of money on comics with or without CGC.

Never said otherwise – I’m aware that people paid six figures for comics before CGC was grading books. Although I doubt that many people would take the position that CGC hasn’t had a major effect on the escalation in the price of what collectors are willing to pay. This escalation primarily based on the opinion of just a few people deciding what grade a comic should be assigned. That is the part that amazes me.

The main point I was trying to make is that most businesses that expect to have a long term relationship with their customer base treats them with respect and professionalism.

If a business wants to treat their customer right, they try to be as straightforward in the delivery of their product as possible. It’s not hard, really.

As far as Heritage auctions are concerned foreheadslap.gif

The Bush administration has pushed to reinstate mandatory inoculations for many military personnel.

foreheadslap.gif

It's all becoming clear now.. The Bush administration comprises CGC's restoration detection division... yeahok.gif

(4) Specifically, where is Chris Friesen and what is he doing for CGC/CCG? Why all the mystery? Why is it we can't get a straight answer from anyone at CGC?

Why all the mystery? Mark what are you talking about? If you want to talk to Chris Friesen you have CGC's number feel free to call Monday morning, he sits 3 desks down from me!

West

Where does Cantie sit?

The Bush administration has pushed to reinstate mandatory inoculations for many military personnel.

foreheadslap.gif

It's all becoming clear now.. The Bush administration comprises CGC's restoration detection division... yeahok.gif

Actually, that would explain a lot. devil.gif

(4) Specifically, where is Chris Friesen and what is he doing for CGC/CCG? Why all the mystery? Why is it we can't get a straight answer from anyone at CGC?

Why all the mystery? Mark what are you talking about? If you want to talk to Chris Friesen you have CGC's number feel free to call Monday morning, he sits 3 desks down from me!

West

Where does Cantie sit?

893naughty-thumb.gif............... grin.gif