• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay, so what exactly crashed?

55 posts in this topic

No doubt!... Chuck will keep that info close to his vest. No need to devalue the books, especially the book that had 14000 copies well preserved in MH2.

Anyone know which book that is/was?

To my eyes, none of the Silver market has crashed except possibly 9.4/9.6 prices, and those didn't crash, they've just come back closer to reality.

Nicely put! There ya go!

I agree too. but lets not forget that a 'crash,' like beauty, is in the eyes of the 'slab'holder. To us its a "correction to more realistic prices', to the buyers at last years 9.6 prices - - -ITS A CRASH!!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Its like Mel Brooks said explaining the difference between COMEDY and TRAGEDY:

If I fall into a manhole and break my legs, its a tragedy.

If YOU fall in and die - - its a comedy! Who cares?!

I think "Dealers" who are buying high grade slabbed books are either LAZY or they don't know how to grade. I do, however, think it is a safe break for those who can't detect restoration accurately, or maybe don't have enough time to do their homework properly....Crash? WHAT? ...ME WORRY?

Somebody posted in another thread that Chuck revealed in the past once that it was Captain Marvel 13.

There's no way Chuck would've revealed it. I've asked him a dozen times about it and he said he won't say due to the impact it would have on the book.

Brian

Somebody posted in another thread that Chuck revealed in the past once that it was Captain Marvel 13.

There's no way Chuck would've revealed it. I've asked him a dozen times about it and he said he won't say due to the impact it would have on the book.

Brian

PedigreeMan said it was revealed in a CBG article--here's the link to the post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=comicgen&Number=150687&Forum=CatSearch-5&Words=14%2C000&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=149870&Search=true#Post150687

Thor #156 is the prime suspect

My vote goes for Thor #132 or Avengers #24.

Everyone has been guessing for a while, and all the guesses make sense.

Here's what makes more sense.

Probably most of the books you have mentioned had 100's to 1000's of high grade copies. How are ever going to figure out which one had 14,000? There might have been quite a few issues that had a 1,000 or more.

If there are 1,000 copies or 14,000, either amount is a lot of high grade copies. Even if only 20% were NM or better, that still means that there would be 200 copies in NM or better, just from the Mile High #2 collection. Obviously, none of these books would make sense to purchase as a long term investment.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It has nothing to do with trust. The point I was trying to make is quite simply is there seems to be a few issues out there that have a lot more high grade copies CGC'd than other books

Regardless if there was 1,000 MH II copies or 14,000 MH II, I would probably not purchase a copy of that book now (if the cost is similar to the issues around it). Once there are 100's of CGC'd NM copies of that book, the price of that issue should fall dramatically.