• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preview of AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL

35 posts in this topic

i bought it (first issue ever from spider-girl) and it was the biggest pile of *spoon* i have ever read. Absolute crappy art and garbage. I was surprised JRJR wasn't writing and drawing it.

i bought it (first issue ever from spider-girl) and it was the biggest pile of *spoon* i have ever read. Absolute crappy art and garbage. I was surprised JRJR wasn't writing and drawing it.

We'll have to agree to disagree, pirate. I thought it was great and alot of fun!

We'll have to agree to disagree, pirate. I thought it was great and alot of fun!

Oooo, We have a Fan here folks! poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif. Just kidden man.

I flipped threw the book, I wanted to buy it just for Hobby.

But...I decided No.

I have not yet picked up the new Spider-Girl title (been a week or three since I made it to my local store), but I have read the old title from about #70 to the end, and picked up most of the back issues.

I think the title has been awesome from the beginning! It has a very 80's Marvel feel to it, from the writing to the art... the whole package... and honestly, I would so much rather go back to old-school Marvel then their current offerings.

because the frenz isn't a 1:33 and I don't know where you shop but I priced mine the same.

Out of curiousity, what was the Frenz Sketch ratio... same as McGuinness? Wizard (I know, really reliable) was saying 1:33 on the Sketch.

My LCS had two McGuiness on display and only one Sketch. I didn't enquire about any more as they get a bit hitchy when asked that about variant covers.

I think (and may be VERY wrong on this) that . . . the McGuinness was a straight 1:10.

But, the Frenz sketch was based on orders for Civil War #4. Something like, a dealer received 3 copies of the sketch cover for every 100 copies ordered of the CW issue.

My numbers may be off. But, it was based on this other title.

I think (and may be VERY wrong on this) that . . . the McGuinness was a straight 1:10.

But, the Frenz sketch was based on orders for Civil War #4. Something like, a dealer received 3 copies of the sketch cover for every 100 copies ordered of the CW issue.

My numbers may be off. But, it was based on this other title.

Yeah... that is what I sort of concluded... that it was 1:33 but based on the gargantuan (at least compared to Spider-Girl) Civil War numbers.