• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preview of AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL

35 posts in this topic

From Nesarama:

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #1

Written by TOM DEFALCO

Pencils and Cover by RON FRENZ

Variant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

“Whatever happened to the daughter of Spider-Man?”

A complete single issue story!

Ever wonder why Spider-Girl fans are the, most vocal, most active comic fans of all? Here’s your chance to finally find out! Join us for the start of our second 100 issues as May “Mayday” Parker learns that she can’t escape her great responsibilities! Featuring the original Hobgoblin, the Black Tarantula--and more!

32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

On-Sale - 10/18/2006

Regular cover-

asg1cvr.gif

Variant cover-

ASPIG001cova_col.jpg

First 5 pages:

asg1p1.gif

asg1p2.gif

asg1p3.gif

asg1p4.gif

ASG_1_5.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

27_laughing.gif I see Marvel is giving the lotion-palmed perverts their due. foreheadslap.gif

Huh?

Oh, you're telling me the first two groin and butt/boob shots are not aimed at the dateless perve fanboy? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

That's right. Pages 1 and 2 (I don't know if you really couldn't tell or not) is artwork that one of her friends drew; it's meant to be humorous.

It's meant to parody the many "Bad Girl" books with little story content. (Think "Lady Death" or "Elektra") that many people seem to think Spider-Girl is, or should be.

If you've read any of Spider-Girl's 100 issues, you would see that the title is very similar in tone and artwork to the first 100 issues of ASM. The character of May Parker is a great model for young girls who always strives to do the right thing and live up to her fathers' legacy. She's *not* drawn the typical "bad girl" way. smile.gif

27_laughing.gif I see Marvel is giving the lotion-palmed perverts their due. foreheadslap.gif

Huh?

Oh, you're telling me the first two groin and butt/boob shots are not aimed at the dateless perve fanboy? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I don't see anything overly sexy about those covers. After seeing the work Greg Land can do with the female figure, those Spider-Girl covers look like bamboo shoots.

That's right. Pages 1 and 2 (I don't know if you really couldn't tell or not) is artwork that one of her friends drew; it's meant to be humorous. It's meant to parody the many "Bad Girl" books with little story content. (Think "Lady Death" or "Elektra") that many people seem to think Spider-Girl is, or should be.

Yep, and I'm sure the publishers would love everyone to think that the recent Conan "nude cover" is a parody of Playboy. insane.gif