• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover cleaning...

8 posts in this topic

hello all...

correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that cover cleaning is restoration...in a "friendly" debate with a fellow collector over such issue, and hoped some folks could shed some light. He claims that 2 books he sent to cgc that had the cover cleaned came back blue label (don't have specifics, just a "claim")...I assured him cgc would note such with a purple label...so, the answer is?

please advise

rick

if the cover was dry cleaned and not detached from the interior if would not count as restoration

To be more precise, many collectors and dealers consider dry cleaning to be restoration. CGC and many other collectors and dealers do not. I personally consider removal of any defect to be restoration, which would include dry cleaning.

The Network of Disclosure requires of its members to affirmatively disclose any type of cleaning, whether dry or solvent.

Dry or solvent, but not aqueous cleaning? poke2.gif

I have a Superman #30 and a Batman #21 that I am going to keep for my personal collection. I was wondering who can I send these books to for cleaning and pressing? These books are probably going to get slabbed, don't really care if it's in a purple or blue label for they most likely will stay in my collection for years.