• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet & Price Variants

27 posts in this topic

hi.gif I thought it would be cool to start a thread with scans of any mention of Marvel Price Variants that appeared in Overstreet Price guides or any other Fan Magazine. So I started going through my old Overstreets to see what I could find and hear is the eairlest one I could find it came from the Overstreet Comics Price Bulletin no.1 from summer of 1986 not sure this was the first mention but it was the oldest I could find. grin.gif

1443191-SW1.jpg

1443191-SW1.jpg.4907093062142fe74c298846025cc21e.jpg

Whenever I look up 35-cent price variants in OS, I have a good laugh, as they're all listed at $3-$8 in NM, other than the big ones like IF 14 and SW 1.

I'd pay Guide for all of those, right here and now.

It's unbelieveable, especially since you see dealers posting MUCH higher prices in their Market Reports (and complaining about it), which Bob totally ignores. What a goof. screwy.gif

thumbsup2.gif Thanks for posting that I did not have any overstreets that old. But their is a problem with this they auctally are talking about the Star Wars #1 35 cent Diamond price Reprint, As it says No Date or UPC symbol on cover . and the 35 cent variant has both.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifI also find it Strange that they list #4 as low distribution in some areas as I just found out in another thread that Star Wars #4 may have been ordered in much larger numbers than even #1.

1443407-1980SW.jpg

1443407-1980SW.jpg.4a5c345b139d7296f89323537c69dda4.jpg

Notice that Bobby added a big exclamation point to the "NOT RARE" bit, just in case anyone missed it the first time. 27_laughing.gif

yay.gifyay.gif And they finally got the X-Men #98 & 99 right at 30 cent in the OPU #10 from 1989 893applaud-thumb.gif and that is it for variant mention in this book other than the DC 35 centers.

1443453-X-Men3.jpg

Their is that Not Rare notation again insane.gif

Maybe Mr. Overstreet doesn't have a complete variant collection yet and is hoping that by keeping the prices down he'll be able to score some copies.

My LCS maintains this is why he lists a Simon/Kirby Stuntman giveaway (which my LCS has/had) so abominably low.... a giveaway that there are only supposed to be a few known copies of.

Maybe Mr. Overstreet doesn't have a complete variant collection yet and is hoping that by keeping the prices down he'll be able to score some copies.

That was my theory back then as well. Otherwise, why continually scream "NOT RARE!!!" to the heavens?

cool.gif from the 1992 OVERSTREET Comic Book Price Guide #22 they now have 3 Marvel 35 cent variants listed and 4 30 cent ones. I will start with Star Wars again since it was the first one mentioned in Overstreet. I kind of think in that 1980 Overstreet #10 one awe4one posted they were in fact talking about the 35 cent variant because of the (1500 copies?) notation, I just think they had it confused with the reprint for some reason confused-smiley-013.gif still would like to know how they came up with that number.

893whatthe.gif Price is up to $350 by 1992!

1445599-OStarWars%231.jpg

589a9177b1fd2_1445599-OStarWars1.jpg.63a03458d84a3edfa79af8c518c7b5e2.jpg