• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what books to send in to cgc for the first ever sub.

23 posts in this topic

i have never sent in books to cgc. i see that most of you on here do it. i joined the club on this message board for the three free subs. now i have to make choose what to send. having not sent anything before...i am afraid to send my three best books...but dont wanna waste the free subs. (not free...cost 100) i just would like to hear that its mega safe!!!! and what books were in the first sub you sent to cgc. and what grades you got back. thanks!

Post them in the grading forum and fellow forumites will give you a better idea if they are worth sending in. It has a lot to do with grade and final value. You may have a book that's structurally a 9.8 but you would not get your grading fee's back out if you decided to sell.

Most of us have sent in books that were worth thousands of dollars. Make sure they are sent insured and delivery confirmation. I have never lost a book on the way to or back from CGC.

..insure them and and take a good look at them cause the won't look the same when they return,...they lost 4 short boxes of books of mine two years ago and by the time they unearthed them 2 months later they were worthless from the constant juggling and shipping mishaps....Thanks CGC!.... hi.gif

Most of us have sent in books that were worth thousands of dollars. Make sure they are sent insured and delivery confirmation. I have never lost a book on the way to or back from CGC.

..insure them and and take a good look at them cause the won't look the same when they return,...they lost 4 short boxes of books of mine two years ago and by the time they unearthed them 2 months later they were worthless from the constant juggling and shipping mishaps....Thanks CGC!.... hi.gif

JD, i know you arent kidding, but, you are kidding, right?

If not, would you please share the experience and what was done about it?

893whatthe.gif

I was a little nervous myself, but as it's been said, send it registered and with quick shipping. I send mine via Fed Ex from Canada to CGC and it'll reach them within 1-3 days. I also send to the physical street address and not the PO Box so the package is signed off when received. Never had issues with sending to CGC.

i have never sent in books to cgc. i see that most of you on here do it. i joined the club on this message board for the three free subs. now i have to make choose what to send.

Hulk 181, Hulk 181 and Hulk 181 grin.gif

question about insurance. if it came down to it and i had to claim insurance. how do i prove that i had a amazing spidey #1 x men #1 and 2 in the box. i bought these all many years ago. i have no record of the buys. any info would help!

I take digital photos off all the books I submit. The photos and what is provided on the submission form should be enough information. If the books are lost there will be no way to verify what was in the package, but if they are damaged a before and after picture will be very helpful.

question about insurance. if it came down to it and i had to claim insurance. how do i prove that i had a amazing spidey #1 x men #1 and 2 in the box. i bought these all many years ago. i have no record of the buys. any info would help!

Make scans of the books (both covers) before you send them in. The USPS only really insures against loss, as the relative condition of your books is meaningless to them. Insurance claims can take up to a year to resolve.

A common beginner's mistake is to value your books much higher than they are actually worth (and to expect much better grades than CGC will give you.) Good luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

yeah...I sent in three books..my first submission and got back

ASM 300 9.6 White

Xmen 109 9.6 White

Liberty Meadows 1 9.8 White.....2nd print....always check the indicia even if you were sold it as a first print.....

I valued them at the NM Overstreet Guide when sending them in....but now they're worth quite a bit more than guide...except the LM 1

I think they should be sent registered and with insurance.

I would send in the Highest dollar value books that the free submission will allow.

pack them very well. probably wrapped with bubble wrap as a part of it.