• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

NM- , white pages, 1st cover appearance of a key character.....

Supes 16 for me too ! thumbsup2.gif

just want to clarify, that Supes 16 is the first Lois Lane cover in the "Superman" title only, .. she first appeared on the cover of Action Comics #29 (according to OS) or #27 depending on if you think that's Lois on the cover of Action #27.

just want to clarify, that Supes 16 is the first Lois Lane cover in the "Superman" title only, .. she first appeared on the cover of Action Comics #29 (according to OS) or #27 depending on if you think that's Lois on the cover of Action #27.

yes..I am aware of this, and I always thought Action 29 was the 1st appearance

my choice stands - Supes 16

yes..I am aware of this, and I always thought Action 29 was the 1st appearance

my choice stands - Supes 16

fair enough,.. although, as far as I know Supes #16 is the first ever Clark Kent cover.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hello all...

action 48, hands down for me (that was the 2nd to last book I needed to complete my action run 10+ years ago...bought one at the 1994 SDCC, in mid grade, only action book the guy had)

rick

...the 2nd to last book I needed to complete my action run 10+ years ago...

893whatthe.gifhail.gif Do you still own the complete run? If not what issues (if any) do you still have?

hello all....

unfortunately not...I sold the run (1-100) in 1994/5 I believe...from a CBG ad... a collector in DE (Frank was his name, owned a series of movie theatres up there) called from a CBG ad and we worked out a deal...the only doubles I had were a 5 and a 23, both of which sold in later cbg ads....

also sold my batman 1-300 run during the 96/97 years (Joe DUngan of Now and Then collectibles bought my 1-20-he had actually sold me most in SD in 93/94 and a lot I bought from Metro and other dealers, rest I pieced out over a year + of ads)...

I had originally bought my action 1 (unrestored g/vg) in 1990/1, I Think, for $18K...paid $1500 a month for a year, my entire comic budget...

rick

Action 48. Hard to resist a Church copy of a WWII cover.

the reason I like this thread is because it's mindless tongue.gif....and no one ever fights!

Both of these books sold for exactly $5,750....

which one would you choose?

1484822-leading%231.jpg

.............or

1484822-morefun79.jpg

I'd have to go with the killer NM More Fun on this one......I don't remember seeing Leading Comics #1 on too many want lists 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1484822-morefun79.jpg.cbb1b5bae1240d191261fe7bbdcf6ebd.jpg

well, shows what I know, I never would have guessed more people would want the Superman 16 over the Action 48, which is why I chose these two examples, the Supes 16 went for $211 more than the Action 48, both sold in Comic link auctions this year,

For me the choice is easy, as Action 48 is probably my favorite all time GA cover, I've loved it every since I first saw it in the Photo Journals,.. now, don't get me wrong, I think Superman 16 has a great cover as well, the whole 40's look, the statue, Lois pining after Supes, and the knowing "wink" in Clark's eye, all add up to a classic Jack Burnley cover.

however...... the E. Church/Mile High copy of my favorite (and fairly scarce) Action war cover ?!?!?! no contest..

I'll take the Action #48 (then buy me a nice mid-grade copy of Supes #16 cool.gif)

I'd also choose the More Fun #79.

Edited by thedude