• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Both of these extremely high demand books sold in the high $50k's

Which one would you choose?

1485556-supes.jpg

.....or

1485556-bat1.jpg

I would have to BARELY go with Batman #1...because it is #1...but the Supes is breathtaking !!!!

The Bats baby! All the way!

the reason I like this thread is because it's mindless tongue.gif....and no one ever fights!

Both of these books sold for exactly $5,750....

which one would you choose?

1484822-leading%231.jpg

.............or

1484822-morefun79.jpg

I'd have to go with the killer NM More Fun on this one......I don't remember seeing Leading Comics #1 on too many want lists 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For some odd reason I am drawn to the Leading #1! Is there some subliminal message in the jpeg?

1485556-supes.jpg

.....or

1485556-bat1.jpg

I would have to BARELY go with Batman #1...because it is #1...but the Supes is breathtaking !!!!

no way you could be a collector of comics and not pick bat 1. now if your a seller of comics thats another story. unless of course you just hate batman

I would take the sup 2 - it just looks so damn fresh. And definitely the more fun.

Ditto. thumbsup2.gif

Regarding the Batman 1 and Superman 2, which book would you all pick if you were looking at it 100% completely from a "which book will be the better investment" standpoint? Which of those two books do you think will be more valuable in 10 years?

If I had a choice for my collection between the two books I'd take the Batman 1 for sure. But if I had to guess, I'd say its the Superman 2 that would be more valuable down the road.

Regarding the Batman 1 and Superman 2, which book would you all pick if you were looking at it 100% completely from a "which book will be the better investment" standpoint? Which of those two books do you think will be more valuable in 10 years?

If I had a choice for my collection between the two books I'd take the Batman 1 for sure. But if I had to guess, I'd say its the Superman 2 that would be more valuable down the road.

Batman 1 for me too...Filter, the way I see it, if its up to you, you will get both nice books. thumbsup2.gif

1485556-supes.jpg

.....or

1485556-bat1.jpg

no way you could be a collector of comics and not pick bat 1. now if your a seller of comics thats another story. unless of course you just hate batman

Batman 1

Superman 2. An 8.0 key is unheard of. A 9.2 like Superman 2 is just mind boggling. The white pages, relative scarcity and HGC put it over the top. Batman 1 is probably the most common high value GA key. Its nice that the #2 isn't some BS cover as well - I like the composition.

Both of these books sold about 3 years ago for $40k. The Action 1 has graders notes : small amount of glue and very minor color touch, and has holes from what apparently was a 2 ring binder.

1487000-action-1.jpg

.....or

1487000-cap1.jpg

this is a coin toss for me....I can not choose.

My own thread has beat me on this one

1487000-cap1.jpg.8ed53263ca9e19df82c4276a17a65e12.jpg

Both of these books sold about 3 years ago for $40k. The Action 1 has graders notes : small amount of glue and very minor color touch, and has holes from what apparently was a 2 ring binder.

1487000-action-1.jpg

.....or

1487000-cap1.jpg

this is a coin toss for me....I can not choose.

My own thread has beat me on this one

One of your toughest to date!

High grade unrestored Cap #1 or a low grade Action #1 with..ugh..holes punched through it. A couple of places behind brittle and trimmed in my least favorite defects.

Hmmm...

I will give a "qualified" answer. If Matt could fix up the Action so the holes would be nicely filled, I'd take the Action. If not, the Cap.

It's unfathomable to be that people are saying this is a tough choice. Cap #1 is a downright EASY book. Yeah, yeah, high grade, whatever. No way I'm taking anything short of a 9.6 Church Cap #1 over any complete non-brittle Action #1. In fact, any of you guys who claim you'd prefer the Cap #1 had better find an Action #1 for me, because I'm gonna move Heaven and Earth to find you a nice Cap #1.