• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I saw a cgc 1.5 on comic link go for over $5000.00. That's why I think a 3.0 would be more.

Merde! foreheadslap.gif Yeah, I'm definately going for the Caps. Too many freakin' Tec fans out there. Plus, Kirby beats Kane in the art department.

I will be praying for your soul after making that statement. 27_laughing.gif

I saw a cgc 1.5 on comic link go for over $5000.00. That's why I think a 3.0 would be more.

Merde! foreheadslap.gif Yeah, I'm definately going for the Caps. Too many freakin' Tec fans out there. Plus, Kirby beats Kane in the art department.

I will be praying for your soul after making that statement. 27_laughing.gif

God bless you. smirk.gif

Here is the breakdown with my estimates of current cost.

Tec GVG

29 $5000

31 $6000

33 $6000

35 $5500

36 $2000

37 $1500

Total $26000

hello all..

I would go with the Tec in a heartbeat (actually, that is what I am doing)...

to give you some cost comparisons, I offered an owner of a tec 29 vg- copy (.5 from the g/vg) $10K and he turned me down (he wanted $15K, so I way passed), so I suspect I would pay at least $8-$10 K for a nice looking 29 in 3.0 or so....I think a 31 unrestored in 3.0 would fetch at least $8K-$10K ...the 33 closer to $7500...the 36 would be close to $3-4000, and the 37 I paid more than that for a 2.5...heck, it took $2390 to get a 3.0 #34 NON bat cover from heritage this week, that is what ,4x guide?

just a current price comparison on the Tec's, as I don't know the Cap market at all...

rick

Here are the recent sales I based my estimates on...

Detective #31 GD+ $5600 Detroit Trolley (3/06)

Detective #31 CGC 3.0 $6325 (2/05)

Detective #33 CGC 4.0 $7767 Crippen (8/06)

Detective #35 CGC 3.0 $5377 (5/06)

Detective #35 CGC 2.5 $3450 (2/05)

Detective #36 CGC 4.5 $3107 (8/06)

Detective #36 CGC 4.0 $2185 (2/05)

Detective #37 CGC 4.0 $2390 Crippen (8/06)

The price for both was approx. $11,500

Which one would you choose, and why?

1494311-allamerican.jpg

......or

1494311-nickel.jpg

I think the Nickel being a Church, NM, and Bulletman 1st appearance ( although no movie is likely ) would win me over compared to the moderate restored mid-grade-ish All American 16....I'd have quite a few chances of getting a restored All American 16 at some point in the near future......

1494311-nickel.jpg.801acd0951a18de5c4d3078e8bb12110.jpg

I'll go with the All-American 16 on this one. I don't care that its restored when it's such a rare, desirable book. Super key vs. a book you could buy cheaply in a lessor grade.

Oh, and the All-American has a cover price of 10 cents vs. the Nickel cover price of 5 cents. Clearly right off the newstand the All-American was more valuable. tongue.gif

Wow...that's a toughie...

I've always liked Bulletman especially when Bulletgirl is on the cover... cloud9.gif...but the All-American is a much more classic book and is more ingrained in comic book lore....

I think the All-American #16 would be my choice...albeit not an easy one.... frustrated.gif

Let's see...on the previous one, I will take the large lot of Caps! No contest on that one for me. Between the All American and the Nickel - that is a tough one....key book vs that high grade MH copy....hmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, I think on most days I would have have to go with the AA, but I would love to see the colours on that Nickel - that looks like a sweet book.....guess I will go with the Nickel....going to crack that case for sure! That's my pick! cloud9.gif

Very easy choice for me. I recently sold my All American 16 restored 7.0 and regret not keeping it. I would definitely take the AA 16 in this one, and if anyone knows where a 7.0 R can be had for $11,500 I would gladly pay that for it.

Very easy choice for me. I recently sold my All American 16 restored 7.0 and regret not keeping it. I would definitely take the AA 16 in this one, and if anyone knows where a 7.0 R can be had for $11,500 I would gladly pay that for it.

Why'd you go and sell a silly thing like your All American 16?

You and me both!

So, obviously I will take the AA 16, because I need it.

hi.gif

Here's that same book out of its slab:

allamerican16copy2.jpg

hi.gif

Here's that same book out of its slab:

allamerican16copy2.jpg

893whatthe.gif That looks more like a VF+ than a F/VF. I would take this book in 1 second over the NM Bulletman!