• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I've chased or put together the Pre-Boy Tecs a few times, and the 34 and 36 were always the first ones I would find.

hello all..

and you know what is weird, I cannot find an unrestored tec 36 anywhere?....none on clink, metro has 2 restored ones, auctioning a restored one, I own a restored one, so I would say the 36 is the 3rd toughest (at least for me) unrestored tec (next to 28 and 29) to find out of all of them from 28-53...sign of the times?

rick

Must be. As you know I just sold an unrestored 34. Perhaps collectors are hanging onto their 36's right now.

hello all...

yes, I know, would have LOVED to of bought it, but I was a little late to the party smile.gif...

now someone pony up with an unrestored 36 for me!

rick

Let's have a little fun......and spend some big bucks, and mix and match ages! ( my thread....so I can get away with this )

Both of these books sold for a whopping $126,000 in 2005. If this was your money on the line, which one would you choose?

1504605-tec38.jpg

..................or

1504605-af15.jpg

me...no brainer...AF15

1504605-af15.jpg.4c4ceed644f6971f8d60d8b7cfeb391e.jpg

Thats a tuff one.

The Allentown Tec 38 is the best exsisting copy and the White mountain AF15 is not the best copy.

Both are very popular characters.

Neither is a rare book in any condition[yes in 9.4 they are]

Im a Batman collector

So Ill take the Allentown.

I would take the 'Tec 38. I could be wrong, but I bet there are more AF 15s in 9.4 and better out there waiting to be discovered. I would be surprised if there are many, if any, 9.4 or better 'Tec 38s left out there. I think the 'Tec 38 is probably considerably rarer in grade.

If it were a different CGC 9.4 copy of AF#15, I'd say it's a no-brainer for AF#15. But the White Mountain copy of AF#15 is one of the softest 9.4s I've ever seen. I'd still probably go with the AF#15, but it's much closer with the WM copy.

Let's have a little fun......and spend some big bucks, and mix and match ages! ( my thread....so I can get away with this )

Both of these books sold for a whopping $126,000 in 2005. If this was your money on the line, which one would you choose?

I would take the 'Tec 38. I could be wrong, but I bet there are more AF 15s in 9.4 and better out there waiting to be discovered. I would be surprised if there are many, if any, 9.4 or better 'Tec 38s left out there. I think the 'Tec 38 is probably considerably rarer in grade.

I'm with my buddy Adam on this one.

I very much respect everyones opinion here, and realize this is a GA forum....but I am shocked at the number of members who choose the 1st appearance of Robin over the 1st appearance of Spider-Man in a smilialr grade....I don't care if the Tec 38 is the highest graded copy, and this AF15 is not......Robin could not carry Spider-Man's jock strap. Any NM 9.4 AF15 should trump even a 9.6 Tec 38 ---hypethetically

Well Ill answer for myself.

Im a Batman collector so.....

Spiderman is more popular.

But from a collecting standpoint a 9.4 Detective 38 is tuffer to find that a 9.4 AF15[in my opinion]

I think the white mountain is a tad over graded.

I do believe The Allentown copy is as good as it gets.I think there are a few copies better than the white mountain.

I think the Allentoen TEC 38 IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME SHOT that I missed out on.I do not believe a 9.4 AF15 is a once in a lifetime shot.There will be more opportunities.

My Batman collection is not complete with out Robin.

These are my reasons. No universal laws here