• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I was thinking of posting a few 'Which would you choose' samples myself....perhaps pairing off a few Ultra High grade Bronze or Silver books vs. equivalently priced GA counterparts.

Then I remembered this is a GA Forum and thought: "What would be the point?" tongue.gif

As the creator of this thread, I hereby give the OK for any 2 books to be compared, as long as one of them is a GA book ( although Bronze would really be pushing it....I don't think I could stomach the Green Lantern being compared to Conan tongue.gif)...but a little All American 17 vs. JIM 83 never hurt anyone.........

let's have some fun!

Ok, I'm going to play for the first time. Here's my pairing:

Two Larson Timelys, sold within 3 months of each other in 2002, the first for $5290, the second for $5060. Which would you choose?

804044093o.jpg

Marvel #14, since I was the one who bought it in Heritage in 2002 I'll pick it again! 893applaud-thumb.gif

West

As the creator of this thread, I hereby give the OK for any 2 books to be compared, as long as one of them is a GA book ( although Bronze would really be pushing it....I don't think I could stomach the Green Lantern being compared to Conan tongue.gif)...but a little All American 17 vs. JIM 83 never hurt anyone.........

let's have some fun!

Conan would kick Green Lantern's *spoon*! sumo.gif

Marvel Mystery Comics #14 for me. That #4 is just too ugly and I like the Nicholas Cage designation.

Hey! Don't call my book (or my sister) ugly... 27_laughing.gif

Here it is out of its tomb:

100_1192.jpg

Even with the water stain on the spine (and associated rusty staples), I'd take the MM 4 over the MM 14 if I was forced to choose between two Larsons (oh, the pain....).

To be honest, the Nic Cage designation means nothing to me - it just reminds me of all the restored books that were insidiously sold to him mad.gif

STEVE

Edited by sacentaur

Ok, that went pretty well, so I'll do one more Larson comparison.

Both these books sold in the same auction (Nov. 2003) for about the same price ($9430 vs $9200). Which would you choose?

808007041o.jpg

808139027o.jpg

I'll take a key Timely #1 over a boring Spectre cover anyday! thumbsup2.gif

Not to mention MF #59 top guide is $5800 and USA #1 top guide is $21000 893whatthe.gif

West

Ok, that went pretty well, so I'll do one more Larson comparison.

Both these books sold in the same auction (Nov. 2003) for about the same price ($9430 vs $9200). Which would you choose?

808007041o.jpg

808139027o.jpg

Do we have a third of option of C). Neither.?

Both those covers are...well.....they just leave something to be desired, especially for close to $10k. And the books themselves are just so-so.

If I had to chose, I'd take the More Fun, but wow, I can easily leave both behind without a second thought.

Dosnt mean anything to me either.Just another way of trying to push a book.

I dont even think Nic Cappolla owned those comics books very long to begin with.

He purchased and built his collection very quickly.

To me it detracts from the value. Nicholas Cage is on top of my over-rated "actor" list. I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.