• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Ok, that was kind of a dud match-up. Sorry about that. I think this one could be better.

A Church DC (high-demand Action war cover, but in less-than-perfect condition) vs. a Church Timely (awesome condition, but not quite as high-demand a book).

Which would you choose?

818015141o.jpg

811041003o.jpg

Action for me too....I'll always take a high grade Action with a great cover and great PQ over a more obscure, lower demand title, even if it's a No. 1 in higher grade. The Action is very easily liquid if you decide to sell....which even though none of us will admit, it's extremely likely that virtually all of us will make that choice at some point in the future.

Ok, here are two Edgar Church Action Comics, sold three months apart for about the same price ($10,350 vs. $10,638). Which would you choose? Or have I finally picked a pair of books so similar that people will truly be ambivalent as to their choice?

805030076o.jpg

806008039o.jpg

I would take the 28, it has a better cover, PQ and it is coded! A must for a Church book!

Ok, that was kind of a dud match-up. Sorry about that. I think this one could be better.

A Church DC (high-demand Action war cover, but in less-than-perfect condition) vs. a Church Timely (awesome condition, but not quite as high-demand a book).

Which would you choose?

818015141o.jpg

811041003o.jpg

Action all the way. Young Allies are stinky. sleeping.gif

So $9,200 for the Timely and only $6900 for the Action is explicable how? Did people get turned off by the 8.5 grade?

I think this is a an example showing that all it takes is 2 guys who really want something ( die hard Timely collectors ), and it could drive the price way up in any given auction for a particular book. Same book on a different day / different bidders, and the Action could have easily surpassed the Timely in its final price.

Another example that everything is in the timing...."any given Sunday"

To me its a pretty boring action versus a spectacular timely cover.. Young allies isn't typically my bag either but kid title notwithstanding I will take a gorgeous cover timely #1 all day against a run of the mill action. I'm not typically a cover whore but I also typically prefer timely contents over dc contents too so I'd take the timely all around.

So $9,200 for the Timely and only $6900 for the Action is explicable how? Did people get turned off by the 8.5 grade?

Probably not. They just get turned on by Timely's. They always fetch crazy prices. If Verzyl's ever hit the market, there would some multiples to blow your mind.

To me its a pretty boring action versus a spectacular timely cover.. Young allies isn't typically my bag either but kid title notwithstanding I will take a gorgeous cover timely #1 all day against a run of the mill action. I'm not typically a cover whore but I also typically prefer timely contents over dc contents too so I'd take the timely all around.

I like Timely's too (Not as much as DC's), but the kid books are mind numbing to me, same is true for Boy Commandos on the DC side.

Cap thumbsup2.gif

Subby thumbsup2.gif

Torch thumbsup2.gif

The Destroyer thumbsup2.gif

Kids sleeping.gif

I miss my 4 though.... frown.gif

Don't be sad, it's in a good home. Here, I'll let you look at it whenever you want!

marvelmystery4.jpg

hello all...

wow, that is the nicest #4 I have ever seen!

rick