• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Generally speaking, whenever a DC has been matched up against a Timely of similar value, the DC has won. I'm beginning to wonder if our group is representative of the GA collector population. If so, then Timely's are relatively overvalued in the market today.

I'll go with the Action here.

As far as the comparions go we have seen a lot of second tier Timley's so far. Even I can be bothered with the Young Allies, Daring Comics kind of stuff. Plus there is obviously many more DC's to choose from and its always been my impression that the Timely's are much more rarer in high grade. Seems like high grade Batman's, Superman's and Tec's or DC collections are being sold every other week and recently this has peeked DC collectors interest. In comparison you rarely see high grade early Cap's, Marvel Mystery or Human Torch books on the block. Where are all those forgotten Timely collections.

Let's see some high grade Cap's #3, Marvel Mystery #4, #5, #9, All Select #1, Human Torch #12 up against DC's of equal value. popcorn.gif

Action 3. I traded away one in a stupid trade and regreted it ever since. I just love that cover.

what did you get in trade? popcorn.gif

I got screwed is what I got. I was 15 or 16 and an older collector hounded me for weeks and finnaly got me to bring the comic over, He and his brother wouldn't let me leave until the could convince me to trade. I got a Superboy 1, a Superman 5, a Submariner 19 a Pep 32, a Captain Marvei Junior 29 and an All Star 18 all in low to mid grade. The Action 3 was about a vg/fine.