• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

JIM 83 sumo.gif

but it's not 9.8 confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif When it comes to SA my grade standard drops

true,.. they drop even more when you enter GA books. crazy.gif

It's like... "hey, is the cover attached ??.. are the pages falling apart?" 27_laughing.gif

Edited by thedude

JIM 83 sumo.gif

but it's not 9.8 confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif When it comes to SA my grade standard drops

true,.. they drop even more when you enter GA books. crazy.gif

It's like... "hey, is the cover attached ??.. are the pages falling apart?" 27_laughing.gif

crazy.gif

How about this match up my GA brothers............both sold in '06 for approx. $28,500. Which MM would you choose, and why ????

1638027-mm2.jpg

...............or

1638027-mm128.jpg

I'll take the deuce. Those annuals never tickled my fancy.

On the JIM VS. MORE FUN, .....The winna is More Fun...reason, super iconic cover, probably one of the best condition examples left, much more rare.

JIM, well lets say I know two people who have nicer copies ungraded, my feeling is there are plenty of high grade as to the More Fun....And I am a Marvel guy..Nuff Said!

Now the MM2 VS. "The Annual"...I take the Ann. because with a little submission magic it might come back a 7.5 or better, and lets face it on a rarity scale it wins. It bothers me that the MM2 has been F@$SK with, and also I believe that you could find a nice copy, maybe not a 9.0(but are we really sure it is a 9.0), and you might not ever get another chance at a book(the ann.) with what maybe 5 to 10 copies left. Just MHO!

Inspired by CentaurMan, this is the 1st time I am using my own books on this thread. Unbeknownst to you guys, I am madly in love/lust with CentaurMan's unrestored Tec 1, and have thought about it quite often since he posted it a few weeks ago in the "Have a cigar GA" thread.....and I have reason to believe he does not find my set of all 3 Humor books ( 1 of only 2 known sets - Steve Geppi owns the other ) too shabby either. Assuming both have a value of around $25,000 - $30,000 ( guestimate...but probably fairly accurate ), which one would you choose, and why ????

1638608-tec-1.jpg

..........or

1638608-3humors.jpg

1638608-3humors.jpg.5ff6e6c1da874487432ee3df9702d6af.jpg

How about this match up my GA brothers............both sold in '06 for approx. $28,500. Which MM would you choose, and why ????

1638027-mm2.jpg

...............or

1638027-mm128.jpg

Wow this is a very tough call, I thnk I would have to chew this over for a few days before I could decide. Initially I'd say the annual if it was complete and in mid grade or slightly higher but its next to impossible to turn down that MM#2 copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Inspired by CentaurMan, this is the 1st time I am using my own books on this thread. Unbeknownst to you guys, I am madly in love/lust with CentaurMan's unrestored Tec 1, and have thought about it quite often since he posted it a few weeks ago in the "Have a cigar GA" thread.....and I have reason to believe he does not find my set of all 3 Humor books ( 1 of only 2 known sets - Steve Geppi owns the other ) too shabby either. Assuming both have a value of around $25,000+ ( guestimate...but probably fairly accurate ), which one would you choose, and why ????

1638608-tec-1.jpg

..........or

1638608-3humors.jpg

Tec 1. Next.....