• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

3-4-1-2. easy

I would choose those rows also.

Action 25 because writing on Batman 6

There is writing on the Action 25 as well.

Oh yeah, missed that. Well then, Action 25 has less intrusive writing on the cover.

Someone better report me to the mods.......I am a complete madman and out of control on this one.........both sold for approx $59,000 within the past year. The More Fun graders note "very minor amount of color touch and glue". The All-Story pulp from 1912....small tear seal on the rear cover, and is the "Action #1" of the pulp world. Which one would you choose, and why?

1612357-mf73.jpg

...........or

1612357-allstory.jpg

for me....I'd choose the All-Story pulp, have the minor tear seal removed by Matt Nelson, and be thrilled to own the #1 pulp of them all............how many chances to you get to own the #1 most desirable rare item in any collectibles market? Additionally, this copy of All-Story is one of the nicest known copies by far of the few which have surfaced over the years.

1612357-allstory.jpg.a5208607f3f5007124f5c48c5833dc0c.jpg

Someone better report me to the mods.......I am a complete madman and out of control on this one.........both sold for approx $69,000 within the past year. The More Fun graders note "very minor amount of color touch and glue". The All-Story pulp from 1912....small tear seal on the rear cover, and is the "Action #1" of the pulp world. Which one would you choose, and why?

Neither one gets the juices flowing for me, but I'm more impressed with the All-Story. Far greater historical significance, and I'm unimpressed with the first appearance of a character who took about 20 years to make it on a cover (Am I wrong about this?). I realize the pulp also has a small amount of restoration, but would the MF have sold for as much with a purple label, because it sure seems like that book got the "pedigree pass" on glue and color touch.

All Story for me too. Even though its a pulp, Tarzan is one of the most recognized fictional characters worldwide, who is continually renewed in the media.... and he will be 100 years old in a few years, and this is supposed to be perhaps the best copy (from the best collection of pulps) even with the tear seal...

I like first appearances of GA JSA characters, but MF73 never really made it for me. Oh, I seem to recall it sold for "only" 59K not 69K

All Story for me too. Even though its a pulp, Tarzan is one of the most recognized fictional characters worldwide, who is continually renewed in the media.... and he will be 100 years old in a few years, and this is supposed to be perhaps the best copy (from the best collection of pulps) even with the tear seal...

I like first appearances of GA JSA characters, but MF73 never really made it for me. Oh, I seem to recall it sold for "only" 59K not 69K

you are right again Aman....the sales price of both was $59k, and I have corrected my initial post

Edited by showcase-4

Tarzan or Aquamans 1st Appearence? Is there really a choice?

Plus the More Fun 53 is restored. Im not going to be played with the blue label.

Tarzen by 31 Lengths.

I'm with the Kid on this one.

Someone better report me to the mods.......I am a complete madman and out of control on this one.........both sold for approx $59,000 within the past year. The More Fun graders note "very minor amount of color touch and glue". The All-Story pulp from 1912....small tear seal on the rear cover, and is the "Action #1" of the pulp world. Which one would you choose, and why?

1612357-mf73.jpg

...........or

1612357-allstory.jpg

for me....I'd choose the All-Story pulp, have the minor tear seal removed by Matt Nelson, and be thrilled to own the #1 pulp of them all............how many chances to you get to own the #1 most desirable rare item in any collectibles market? Additionally, this copy of All-Story is one of the nicest known copies by far of the few which have surfaced over the years.

I'd take the All-Story: First appearance of icon Tarzan. Rare to say the least. I could find the More Fun easier than the All-Story. It's the Pulp Collector's Action Comics # 1,............just almost imposssible to find (estimated at 10-20 copies existing). No contest! thumbsup2.gif

OK.....since no one was too impressed with MF73, let's try a stronger GA book matched up against the same All-Story. NOW which one would you choose????

(still with both sales at/around $59k)

1613167-allstory.jpg

............or

1613167-supes2.jpg

still the All-Story for me....but this time, I did not decide so quickly

1613167-supes2.jpg.efd3203d05f9b69e7c7f60c3eabe4170.jpg