• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

the marvel 1 because, despite my advancing age, i'm not THAT damn senile. and man, oh, man did that superman get a gift grade; here's another example of a cgc 5.0.

champion.jpg

Is this also an example of a "gift grade"? As in, whoever bought this as a 5.0 got a helluva a gift!

the Fantastic 3 is "fantastic", but not sure it warrants the price, other than it is a great cover... Marvel 1 is far more "important" even in lower condition... I choose M1

Both sold for approx. $13,000 about 5 years ago.

The graders notes on the Marvel reference 5 pieces of tape on the cover, inside cover, and 1st wrap.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Is this really a competition??I'd choose a coverless Marvel 1 over the Fantastic #3.Apples and Oranges.

Originally Posted By: showcase-4

The graders notes on the Marvel reference 5 pieces of tape on the cover, inside cover, and 1st wrap.

Is this really a competition??

I'd choose a coverless Marvel 1 over the Fantastic #3.

Apples and Oranges.

I also suspect that the marvel 1 would clear $25K today, and the fantastic 3 would still be at sub $15K (shrug)

Originally Posted By: ciorac

Apples and Oranges.

I also suspect that the marvel 1 would clear $25K today, and the fantastic 3 would still be at sub $15K \(shrug\)
OK, OK....before you 2 OPG Advisors burn me at the stake, how about these 2 -- still $13,000 -- still 5 years ago (same Marvel #1 as last match up)

64212.jpg.1de42d748b55c274fe77a393c8581848.jpg

64213.jpg.cb2096a5531612e2a4130afa2e042ada.jpg

Apples and Oranges.

I also suspect that the marvel 1 would clear $25K today, and the fantastic 3 would still be at sub $15K \(shrug\)
OK, OK....before you 2 OPG Advisors burn me at the stake, how about these 2 -- still $13,000 -- still 5 years ago (same Marvel #1 as last match up)
64212.jpg All day long

Although I am not much of a timely collector, I would still go with the Marvel #1 over the MF 54. I know that issue always fetches a princely sum, but I can't see passing on THE marvel key for it.

Stunning cover on the Fantastic.But as a fine- I would take the MC 1.Much more of a key book.The Fantastic is just another pretty face in comparison.Dennis

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid

Apples and Oranges.

Awesome cover.High grade.Ill take the MF.By a hair.

Apples and Oranges.

lol I think that MF just sold for 11,500 in Chicago this year :baiting:

Apples and Oranges.

lol I think that MF just sold for 11,500 in Chicago this year poke2.gif
:pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: ....you post 2 books of equal value and equal ( so you think ) desirability, and see how people respond....I'm outta' here!

Apples and Oranges.

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif ....you post 2 books of equal value and equal ( so you think ) desirability, and see how people respond....I'm outta' here!

you know I am just funnin' with you... this is one of the best threads evah! :headbang:

Apples and Oranges.

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif ....you post 2 books of equal value and equal ( so you think ) desirability, and see how people respond....I'm outta' here!

you know I am just funnin' with you... this is one of the best threads evah! headbang.gif
well allrighty then.......on with the show!Both sold for $65k in 2008 ...... which one would you choose, and why ????

64237.jpg.beb77d5a389cc589528f24e7671581ab.jpg

64239.jpg.e7c7f3fbada4d3f4a5211aa5aee0e842.jpg