• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

This has gotten bad...... neither. Who was foolish enough to spend so much for any of these ? Tops $100 to 200, I wouldn't give beyond that even if the spidey was a 10.0

Obviously I knew everyone would choose the EC over the Spider-Man. Can't believe a 55 year old book in 9.6 condition garnered the same price as a 20 year old Spider-Man which would have sold for about $100 in 9.8 condition.

And I'd be "foolish" enough to spend $1.5x guide on the Vault of Horror. What do you think it should have sold for??

This has gotten bad...... neither. Who was foolish enough to spend so much for any of these ? Tops $100 to 200, I wouldn't give beyond that even if the spidey was a 10.0

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on that Spidey if it were an 11.0

Obviously the EC for me

I've always been of the impression that FC 386 is a relatively common book. Obviously a 9.4 is rare, but when that sold it was considered a staggering amount at the time. And I would say it still is. Plus, if any book has the potential to have multiple high grade copies yet to be slabbed, FC 386 would be at or near the top of the list. How many old time Barks collectors would ever consider having their collections slabbed. Their heirs might slab them to sell them, but not the collectors.

its time for two new books to choose from, dont you all think? :idea:

Both just sold for $2,150 in the latest Heritage auction. Which would you choose?

Amazing Spider-Man #219 CGC 9.9 - guides for $12 in Overstreet

spidy219.jpg

Vault of Horror #13 CGC 9.6 Gaines File Copy - guides for $1675

vault13.jpg

So utterly, insanely stupid. $2.1k for that manufactured collectible drek.

Um. Let me think. I'll go with the EC and pull a 9.0 of the Spidey out of a dollar bin at the next convention.

I'll take the Scrooge too.

Adventure #66.

As much as I love Barks, I really love Burnley, especially the Starman covers. Plus it's the Church copy.

+1

Adventure #66.

As much as I love Barks, I really love Burnley, especially the Starman covers. Plus it's the Church copy.

+1

+2!

+3 yup, adventure for me too. now if only I can decide between the MF 52 or the tec 27 hm . for investment reasons, i'll go with the tec. but as a collector, i'd want the MF, mainly due to the unrestored factor. :headbang: