• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM UXM 147 and TF 73 - guess Chuck's grades!

11 posts in this topic

I picked up these books from Chuckles at Mile High and oh so ever surprisingly don't agree with the given grades. Please let me know your grade and also how you think MH graded each book.

First up, Uncanny X-Men 147

UXM147-front.jpg

UXM147-back.jpg

Next up, Transformers 73

TF73-front.jpg

TF73-back.jpg

Thanks a ton! Correctly guessing both of Chuck's grades will result in three dancing bananas from me to you.

-Bob

There are a couple of spine nicks and some blunted corners on the X-Men but that's about it as far as I can tell. This book is much nicer than the grade Chuck gave blush.gif I also bought an Uncanny 146 at the same grade and it looks just as good as the 147. I really don't know what flaws where found.

-Bob

The X-Men was bought as a Fine! I was just really surprised with how nice it was. The Transformers was bought as a NM and I'm not terribly surprised by how it turned out. No problem, just wanted to share that something came nicer than expected from MH and another came just short like usual wink.gif

Thanks for the input,

-Bob

The X-Men was bought as a Fine! I was just really surprised with how nice it was. The Transformers was bought as a NM and I'm not terribly surprised by how it turned out. No problem, just wanted to share that something came nicer than expected from MH and another came just short like usual wink.gif

Thanks for the input,

-Bob

I have had a few similar experiences with MH. I think that for the more common comics, if Chuck has 15 copies in NM he downgrades them to increase the number of potential buyers to include people looking for readers copies.. the more common issues can be found at MH for 3 bucks in FN, 5 in VF and 8 in NM. so not much of a loss for chuck, plus he always buys huge collections so he probably only paid 25 cents each anyway...

I've checked out Mile High recently but found his prices way too high. I did buy a couple of years ago from him and had no complaints in the grading. The couple I bought then weren't far over OS guide.

I've checked out Mile High recently but found his prices way too high. I did buy a couple of years ago from him and had no complaints in the grading. The couple I bought then weren't far over OS guide.

The trick is to only buy during a 30-60 % discount codeword sale and then only buy allready discounted items (total discount 60-80 %) when you then add the free shipping Chuck comes pretty close to OS prices... grin.gif

Haha yup he eally is "King of the Dollar books!" Outside of conventions, I've found the best prices on 80s/90s books I need to complete runs. Would I ever buy a decent book from him? It'll have to be one killer of a codeword sale as his standard prices are just too far out there and I have zero faith in his NM books. After this experience, I have to say I'm extremely pleased with his Fine books, though thumbsup2.gif

-Bob