• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Gerber 8, 9 & 10s

21 posts in this topic

I'll sell you all the 11's you want! Since an 11 means that the book existed at one time, but no copies exist anymore, I guess you'll have to take my word right?? yay.gif

...and if a copy was found, it would technically become a 10 (unique or close to it).

It's going to be hard to get a 10, or at least to get the owner to sell it. I have one and I don't plan on selling it for a long time - or at least until I can sell it for a lot more than I bought it for.

For years I put off getting the Gerber books for whatever reason. I finally broke down and got the 4-volume set a couple years ago. I can't believe I was so dumb not to get them earlier. If you consider yourself a collector to any degree at all, you owe it to yourself to get the set. Be warned though - you will lose hours of your life mesmerized by picture after picture of rare & beautiful books! hail.gif

For years I put off getting the Gerber books for whatever reason. I finally broke down and got the 4-volume set a couple years ago. I can't believe I was so dumb not to get them earlier. If you consider yourself a collector to any degree at all, you owe it to yourself to get the set. Be warned though - you will lose hours of your life mesmerized by picture after picture of rare & beautiful books! hail.gif

The fact that there are so many Church copies doesn't hurt either laugh.gif

I don't have the DC or Marvel SA books....I should get them someday....anyone know the cheapest route to get a set?

I don't have the DC or Marvel SA books....I should get them someday....anyone know the cheapest route to get a set?

Keep an eye out on Ebay. I picked up Vol. 2 in excellent shape for around $25, and Vol. 3 & 4 together for $20. I broke down and paid $55 for a new copy of Vol. 1

Ok, I just need v 3 and v 4...

sounds like I can find them pretty cheap if I keep looking.

I don't think there will be any covers or at least many that I've never seen if it's only marvel.

I probably have most of them at this point, or at least had....like many of the other board members.

I really love volumes 1 and 2, because they deal with more than just Marvel. If Marvel is all you care about, then 3 and 4 are the volumes for you.

Now I bought Vol's 1 and 2 many moons ago brand new and passed on the 3 and 4, because I wasn't a huge Marvel fan. 893naughty-thumb.gif But now, the more I think about it, the more I want to see those pretty pictures! cloud9.gif

A super great publication!!!! Thank you, Mr. Gerber! hail.gif

Andy shy.gif

I got my Gerber set at 1/2 price off Amazon.com, Both look brand spankin' new. They had plenty of copies available even the marvel SA set